• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: Use it or lose it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear: Use it or lose it

http://property.timesonline.co.uk/ar...248258,00.html

'New rules have just come into force allowing councils to take over and rent out homes that have been left empty for more than six months

On a Friday teatime, when everybody in Westminster was already on the train home and everyone else was watching the World Cup, Kelly’s department quietly outlined details of a strategy, dreamed up by John Prescott in 2004, that allows local authorities to seize houses lying empty. '

Oooops.

Milan.

Originally posted by milanbenes
    http://property.timesonline.co.uk/ar...248258,00.html

'New rules have just come into force allowing councils to take over and rent out homes that have been left empty for more than six months

On a Friday teatime, when everybody in Westminster was already on the train home and everyone else was watching the World Cup, Kelly’s department quietly outlined details of a strategy, dreamed up by John Prescott in 2004, that allows local authorities to seize houses lying empty. '

Oooops.

Milan.
    Property is theft comrade.

Comment

But let me guess... there will be some exceptions, including politicians, prisoners, lunatics, and doners to the labour party ....

Oh, and immigrants
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

... it is the vagueness of the scheme and its openness to misinterpretation that makes it such a bad law.
        No surprise there then.

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
          But let me guess... there will be some exceptions, including politicians, prisoners, lunatics, and doners to the labour party ....
          You are correct...
          Originally posted by article
          And before any of you with empty second homes break out in a cold sweat, I should point out they are exempt, as are the houses of those people who work away from home.
          In Westminster or Brussels for example.

Comment

ja ja people like you always say things like that,

Milan.

Comment

please, you're devaluing the Oh Dear.

Milan.

Comment

And let me guess. Councils get to keep the rent which is deducted from their alotted Gov't budgets.

Thieves.

Comment

I'm still waiting for when the government turns around and says: "Hmmm, you appear to have a 6 bedroom detached house, we're taking 4 rooms and housing some chavs on benefits there - because it's only fair".
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I reckon I could fit 15 or so Chinese in the loft if the government are interested.

Comment

Working...
                    X