• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dubai Recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dubai Recommendations

So quickly come around is our trip to Dubai next week (Atlantis Palm resort).

Has anyone any recommendations for activities that are advertisied for kids under 10 - dolphins, desert safari, kidzania etc etc ?

TIA

The Burj Khalifa -- The Tallest Building in the World is worth a look since you're there, you need to book ahead though. We never did the desert dune-buggy thing but loads of people we know would recommend it.

The Dubai Gold Souk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia is interesting enough, if you like markets (it merges into generic market selling spices and herbs and cloth).

You'll be there just as it starts to get hot, so take care.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Everyone that I know who goes to Dubai seems to stay at the Atlantis Palm resort. Must be the one place they like to hole Brits up in.

Comment

Take a boat trip on the creek.

There is an aquarium in one of the malls, also I seem to remember an ice rink.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
          Everyone that I know who goes to Dubai seems to stay at the Atlantis Palm resort. Must be the one place they like to hole Brits up in.
          We don't.

But that may be because I'm not a chav and my wife is Irish (She does the booking).
          Last edited by SupremeSpod; 19 March 2013, 08:14.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post

Has anyone any recommendations for activities that are advertisied for kids under 10 - dolphins, desert safari, kidzania etc etc ?

TIA
            We looked at that. But then we read TripAdvisor reviews. You did read the reviews didn't you.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

dolphins, desert safari, kidzania etc etc ?

TIA
              Dolphins at Atlantis - expensive but worth letting kids do it

Kidzania - kids loved it. You can leave them there and explore the Dubai Mall

Also skiing at Hall of the Emirates is good and cheaper than Milton Keynes.

There is a Falcon Centre in thr Nad al Shiba area. Small museum and some falcons for sale - but there won't be many now.

Regards

DA

Comment

Has anyone any recommendations for activities that are advertisied for kids under 10 ...
                Camel jockeying - They could actually win some money at that
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                  There are a few similar hotels, Palm is simply the best known since it looks so good on photos

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  Take a boat trip on the creek.

There is an aquarium in one of the malls, also I seem to remember an ice rink.
                  Ooh, the aquarium is very good. Loads of big sharks, massive crabs, you can even go diving in the main tank if you're rich which is odd for everyone else watching

Not sure if it's what you were talking about, but there is an indoor ski-slope.

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  We looked at that. But then we read TripAdvisor reviews. You did read the reviews didn't you.
                  People we know say the service is incredible (and they're not chavs).

I'd like to stay here personally (I think that's the one Federer played tennis on top of?) Burj Al Arab - Luxury Hotels in Dubai - Jumeirah
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Hire a car and drive out to Fujairah on the Gulf of Oman side of the peninsula. Much more relaxed & nicer beaches over there IMO.

Takes about 2 hours to drive & you could stop at the Hatta Fort Hotel on the way. Lovely spot up in the mountains...

Comment

Working...
                    X