• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where does the dosh go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where does the dosh go?

Nice site here

Country and Regional Analysis - Where Does My Money Go?

Most of the money goes on 'helping others' followed by 'health'

The lion's share of helping others goes on old age. So the real problem is people living longer and requiring more health care. Catch 22.

I like the fact that we're spending £43bn on debt management.

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Nice site here

The lion's share of helping others goes on old age. So the real problem is people living longer and requiring more health care. Catch 22.

Hmm - I notice they put "Health" and "Helping Others" prominently at the top.

Despite its innocuous name, I suspect this "Open Knowledge Foundation" is a leftist propaganda group, trying to persuade people of the merits of paying more tax.

The most sneaky, underhand, sinister organisations often choose what seem superficially the most appealing names. I mean take the Liberal Democrats.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

You're welcome

Comment

£24bn on "The Socially Excluded". What does that mean, and how do I apply for the cash?

Also £1.8bn on Survivors. Which seems a lot to spend on a fairly poor TV series.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Nice site here

I assume "debt management" is there way of saying repaying public borrowing!
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            I assume "debt management" is there way of saying repaying public borrowing!
            Not even close, this is simply the interest on the vast government debt.

As the debt is increasing each year, this interest bill will rise as well, to an expected £68 billion by 2017 - and possibly even more if the interest rates the government pays increases in the future

http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/30...ts-on-uk-debt/
            Last edited by Waldorf; 19 March 2013, 09:25.
            "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

note the figures look really accurate

there is £1B missing described as unknown.

Pension payments were what was promised to the workers.

Might be interested to see what is actual pension and what is care? I suspect the care budget is horrendous.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

hmm

Announcing the Where Does My Money Go? Assembly Kit - OpenSpending

tempted?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Logan's Run, that's the answer.

I want Jenny Agutter.

You are Peter Ustinov and I claim my five goes on the Carousel.

What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Hmm - I notice they put "Health" and "Helping Others" prominently at the top.

Despite its innocuous name, I suspect this "Open Knowledge Foundation" is a leftist propaganda group, trying to persuade people of the merits of paying more tax.

The most sneaky, underhand, sinister organisations often choose what seem superficially the most appealing names. I mean take the Liberal Democrats.
                    I assumed 'helping others' was a euphemism for 'benefit scroungers' till I clicked through.

Comment

Working...
                    X