• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The project manager is on holiday...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The project manager is on holiday...

So since Friday (the first day of holiday), I've had two applications packaged and deployed, spoke to a 3rd vendor, cut through the crap and tested an upgrade successfully and amended the requirement spec for this.

Had a nice chat with the DBA and got him to push forward with another piece of work. Created another 2 specs for designs, walked them round the sign off stakeholders and had them approved.

Basically cleared a months backlog that existed because the PM was too busy.

Another 2 days of productivity before it's back to normal, I might take a half day before I have to start banging my head of a brick wall again
    Anti-bedwetting advice

And you have these tasks detailed in your contract? tsk tsk...
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'd be "working from home"
      Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
        I'd be "working from home"
        That's Friday - PM's first day back...
        Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by Notascooby View Post
          So since Friday (the first day of holiday), I've had two applications packaged and deployed, spoke to a 3rd vendor, cut through the crap and tested an upgrade successfully and amended the requirement spec for this.

Had a nice chat with the DBA and got him to push forward with another piece of work. Created another 2 specs for designs, walked them round the sign off stakeholders and had them approved.

Another 2 days of productivity before it's back to normal, I might take a half day before I have to start banging my head of a brick wall again
          I'm impressed!

You're almost as good as Suity and twice as good as MF!

You'll be after my job next!

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            I'm impressed!

You're almost as good as Suity and twice as good as MF!

You'll be after my job next!
            To even be considered with such royalty is ... is... is... a bloody insult!
            Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

To even be considered with such royalty is ... is... is... a bloody insult!
              Glad you've been paying attention.

You'd better have my desk nice and clean for when I get back on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                Glad you've been paying attention.

You'd better have my desk nice and clean for when I get back on Friday.
                LOL - I wouldn't take a PM role, don't think my straight talking style would go down too well.
                Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Medal's in the post

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
                    Medal's in the post
                    Ta...is it a special CUK one?
                    Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Working...
                    X