• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

umbrella for a non-UK citizen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

having German and Ukrainian citizenship and customer in UK - could you recommend a good umbrella company for such case?
    (I'm discussing the details of the contract with the customer at the moment...)
    This umbrella company should have a good understanding of expat/international tax issues

(I think UK citizens have similar difficulties when working abroad)

Originally posted by Neofit View Post
    having German and Ukrainian citizenship and customer in UK - could you recommend a good umbrella company for such case?
    (I'm discussing the details of the contract with the customer at the moment...)
    This umbrella company should have a good understanding of expat/international tax issues

(I think UK citizens have similar difficulties when working abroad)
    Where are you tax resident and how long is the contract?
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
      Where are you tax resident and how long is the contract?
      Tax resident of Ukraine
      Contract - will be about 3-4 months

Comment

is an offshore umbrella company a good idea in my case?

I know, there are discussions about how legal these companies are, but may be in my particular case this make sense?

Comment

Speak to your krisha, haha!

Comment

is an offshore umbrella company a good idea in my case?

I know, there are discussions about how legal these companies are, but may be in my particular case this make sense?
            I have sent you a PM
            HTH

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Speak to your krisha, haha!
              I think in UK you have the similar structures in Jersey, Isle of Men etc :-)))

Now seriously: one of them decimalconsulting.eu promise to provide "invoicing only", for the "5% of the invoice value (excluding VAT) "

how good it is? I know I will have to do all taxes than in Ukraine, which is OK.
              How serious is this company?

Comment

I think in UK you have the similar structures in Jersey, Isle of Men etc :-)))

Now seriously: one of them decimalconsulting.eu promise to provide "invoicing only", for the "5% of the invoice value (excluding VAT) "

how good it is? I know I will have to do all taxes than in Ukraine, which is OK.
                How serious is this company?
                If you are working in the UK for a UK agency they will want to know that you are paying the appropriate taxes so they are unlikely to engage with the company you mentioned as, I assume, they are offshore.

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                  If you are working in the UK for a UK agency they will want to know that you are paying the appropriate taxes so they are unlikely to engage with the company you mentioned as, I assume, they are offshore.
                  I'm working with customer directly, no agency involved.
                  Yes, it seems decimalconsulting is offshore. Does it mean my customer will refuse them?

Got another offer from bedouinlimited.co.uk, they offer invoicing too, conditions are slightly different.
                  let see what others will say

Comment

I'm working with customer directly, no agency involved.
                    Yes, it seems decimalconsulting is offshore. Does it mean my customer will refuse them?

Got another offer from bedouinlimited.co.uk, they offer invoicing too, conditions are slightly different.
                    let see what others will say
                    Well they used to advertise 85% take home yet claimed that full PAYE contributions would be made to HMR&C - both those statements can't be true in most circumstances. The fact is though that your tax liability lies in your country of residence and not in the UK.

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                    X