• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Illegal parking /abandoned (?) car in my private/marked parking bay - How do deal ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Illegal parking /abandoned (?) car in my private/marked parking bay - How do deal ?

Illegal parking /abandoned (?) car in my private/marked parking bay - How do deal with this?

Someone illegally parked their car in my private marked parking bay for full day now. I had to park my car dangerously on road side overnight partially blocking road & causing inconvenience to road users. Whom I can contact to remove it..?.
    I contacted Police by mail & after checks they replied ‘not of any interest to police’.! Their mail says "Due to the vehicle only having been parked there for one day, we cannot take a report of it being abandoned. If the vehicle is parked on private land/private residence car park, the owner of the land will need to contact the DVLA and apply for registered owners details, and then they will need to write to the owner of the vehicle and ask them to collect the vehicle before they can remove it from their land."
    I heard clamping is no more legal in private car parks.? So who can deal with this menace? Local Council? I am sure this car doesn’t belong to any of my neighbours & haven’t seen it parking anywhere near my estate recently. Only clue is there is a note in the dash saying “WILDERNESS CREW” which doesn’t make any sense for me.? Also I could see an envelope addressed to CPS (Crown Prosecution Service) inside - which I mentioned in my mail to Police but they are not interested.
    Is there any route to get rid of this car other than the lengthy route mentioned by the Police i.e. talk to DVLA & get registered owner’s address and 'request' owner to take his car away.!

Thanks.

Does it have alloy wheels or a posh stereo?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

If we must have sockies, can their owners please at least ensure they're entertaining.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        If we must have sockies, can their owners please at least ensure they're entertaining.
        The use of English suggests this is a genuine Bob
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Throw a brick threw the window to set the alarm off they will soon come out and move it, seriously you could contact the council if its been abandoned as they will remove however do not expect a quick response or if you can just park your car behind it and block it in and leave your car there until someone comes knocking for you to move it

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Does it have alloy wheels or a posh stereo?
            :-) Nope..though its a VW Golf GTI 'P' plate (01 August 1996 - 31 July 1997 ?)

Comment

you have access to a trolley jack?

what would happen if the car rolled out of the bay onto double yellow lines on its own during the night?

I believe there is a balaclava clad superhero is at work in your area.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Call the local scrapyard.

They'll pay you money for it.

May be the last option.!

Comment

Illegal parking /abandoned (?) car in my private/marked parking bay - How do ...

You can check if its insured online - google it. Not sure how it helps tho!

Comment

How would you feel if you left your car for a day and it was declared "abandoned"?

I used to have the same when I lived in Oxford, and it's a complete PITA. But there's nothing much you can do. If you're going to clamp, you need to have warning signs up first. You could probably sue them for any damages - i.e. if you get a parking ticket parking on the road as a result. But any attempt to disable or damage their car, even though it may be morally just, is likely to backfire and cost you/get you convicted for criminal damage.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X