• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another Opt-out Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Opt-out Question

My ltd has contracted through an agency for a while on an opt-in basis. The client has asked I switch to a different agency who are very keen the new contract is on an opt-out basis and the contract itself mentions the agreement is on an opt-out basis in several places. The new agency is quite small and the contract includes a 6-month restriction of working for the client at the end of the agreement so the terms are all in the agency's interests, so I'm mulling my response. Can I even be opted-out at all seeing as I've already been introduced to the client?
    Last edited by BillHicksRIP; 20 March 2013, 12:54.

Originally posted by BillHicksRIP View Post
    My ltd has contracted through an agency for a while an opt-in basis. The client has asked I switch to a different agency who are very keen the new contract is an opt-out basis and the contract itself mentions the agreement is on an opt-out basis in several places. The new agency is quite small and the contract includes a 6-month restriction of working for the client at the end of the agreement so the terms are all in the agency's interests so am mulling my response. Can I even be opted-out at all seeing as I've already been introduced to the client?
    You can opt out at the change of contract, should you wish to do so. With a six-month handcuff - itself unreasonable unless you're something very special, given they didn't find the business in the first place - I really wouldn't reccomend it though.

Ask for an opted-in contract. then have a chat with your client when the agency start playing silly buggers; they won't be too happy if the agency is risking you walking away over a triviality.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
    X