PDA

View Full Version : Another Opt-out Question

BillHicksRIP
20th March 2013, 12:28
My ltd has contracted through an agency for a while on an opt-in basis. The client has asked I switch to a different agency who are very keen the new contract is on an opt-out basis and the contract itself mentions the agreement is on an opt-out basis in several places. The new agency is quite small and the contract includes a 6-month restriction of working for the client at the end of the agreement so the terms are all in the agency's interests, so I'm mulling my response. Can I even be opted-out at all seeing as I've already been introduced to the client?

malvolio
20th March 2013, 12:49
My ltd has contracted through an agency for a while an opt-in basis. The client has asked I switch to a different agency who are very keen the new contract is an opt-out basis and the contract itself mentions the agreement is on an opt-out basis in several places. The new agency is quite small and the contract includes a 6-month restriction of working for the client at the end of the agreement so the terms are all in the agency's interests so am mulling my response. Can I even be opted-out at all seeing as I've already been introduced to the client?
You can opt out at the change of contract, should you wish to do so. With a six-month handcuff - itself unreasonable unless you're something very special, given they didn't find the business in the first place - I really wouldn't reccomend it though.

Ask for an opted-in contract. then have a chat with your client when the agency start playing silly buggers; they won't be too happy if the agency is risking you walking away over a triviality.