• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On the train

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the train

So I currently travel with fecking great western, which rarely manages to be on time. That aside, what things do you lot do to pass time? I am currently playing infinity blade and csr racing on iPad. Other times i cough and sneeze, or chat a fellow passenger without bobbing my head.
    I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Originally posted by tranceporter View Post
    So I currently travel with fecking great western, which rarely manages to be on time. That aside, what things do you lot do to pass time? I currently play infinity blade and csr racing. Other times i cough and sneeze, or chat a fellow passenger without bobbing my head.
    Head bobbing is quite endearing. I've tried it, but it feels very strange.

I've noticed the Indian lady I work with rarely does it when she's talking to Brits, but bobs away when talking to other Indians.

Comment

Originally posted by tranceporter View Post
      So I currently travel with fecking great western, which rarely manages to be on time. That aside, what things do you lot do to pass time? I am currently playing infinity blade and csr racing on iPad. Other times i cough and sneeze, or chat a fellow passenger without bobbing my head.
      You chat to strangers on trains.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        You chat to strangers on trains.
        Yup. I have a sneaky suspicion that I got my recent cough by engaging in such endeavours..
        I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Head bobbing is quite endearing. I've tried it, but it feels very strange.

I've noticed the Indian lady I work with rarely does it when she's talking to Brits, but bobs away when talking to other Indians.
          That's because bobbing is a social sign among bobs that they understand what the person is speaking. A silent "yeah ok, got it". Problem is, bobs don't understand about doing like the brits do (whatever it is) when in Britain. Hence the reason why bobs wear sneakers and sports shoes with formal attire. Anything goes

Comment

Headphones on,ticket out on table, phone to silent & read a book... strictly no verbal communication with fellow passengers during commute by train
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

When I was commuting to London I had a new born son with a back injury which prevented him from sleeping properly - on the train, I slept.
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Would you ?
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

is it wrong to play pocket billiards on a long commute?
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I bet train travel is much more exciting in India. Next time, instead of sitting inside the carriage and being bored, try climbing on top.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X