• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prohibited party check

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prohibited party check

Hi All,

Have been asked to agree for one of these to be carried out on me (by end client's US office).

Anyone got any idea what the hell one of these is? (End client's UK office won't tell me!)

PS. Don't ever work for a very well known Network Co....it's more trouble than it's worth....

In case any of you remember...I was larked about with the contract and should've started 2 weeks ago (after waiting a previous 4 weeks)...Everytime I get a start date...I am asked for other stuff first...like a 'Court Record check', a 'Prohibited Party Check'...also end client wants my NI number too (they reckon so they can check that I haven't been defrauding Gordy).

Other stuff they asked for was a 'background check'. I have no issue with that...they only wanted my DOB, Address, Name and 'What I like to be called'

Tell them you're from the Ukraine...They'll leave you alone and give you a House...and lots of Beniefits

Comment

Originally posted by premiere
      'What I like to be called'
      - "Newest Guantanamo resident".

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix
        Tell them you're from the Ukraine...They'll leave you alone and give you a House...and lots of Beniefits
        Sorry, this only works if you are a militant lesbian muslim.

Mailman

Comment

Prohibited party check = check with the FBI to make sure that you haven't been prohibited from owning a firearm (basically, it's the equivalent of a UK criminal record check, since if you have a criminal record then you will be disqualified from owning a gun)

http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/nicswatchlist31.htm
          ...gives the details....

Court Record check = the same, except that it picks up on civil offences as well (i.e. are you being sued)
          Background check = asking anyone they like what they think of you (normally means a credit check and validating your home address)

Trust no-one, they're all out to get you etc etc
          Plan A is located just about here.
          If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

premiere, if I was you I would politely tell them to **** off, ie. you're not interested in the contract any more... I would be interested in knowing the name of this Network Co, so that I can add it to my blacklist of companies never to work with.
            http://www.privacyinternational.org/
            http://www.no2id.net/

Comment

Don't know if I can tell you the name in case it contravenes board guidelines or something.

Just know that at one point in time, they were the richest company in the world worth over 1 trillion dollars....

Comment

Originally posted by premiere
                Just know that at one point in time, they were the richest company in the world worth over 1 trillion dollars....
                The East India Company?

Comment

Where are they based?

Comment

Well, I say that they are a Network Co, cos that's their bread and butter.

US HQ is San Jose, Calif

UK HQ near Heathrow...in a nice little place called Bedfont Lakes

Comment

Working...
                    X