• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LinkedIn endorsements...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LinkedIn endorsements...

... not worth a tulip.

How can someone from a business background who has zero technical/dev ability actually endorse me for my "SQL server" skills.

What a waste of a mouse click.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    ... not worth a tulip.

How can someone from a business background who has zero technical/dev ability actually endorse me for my "SQL server" skills.

I have even be asked to endorse an agent for his "SQL server" skills.
    It's so wrong, if he had "SQL server" skills he wouldn't be an agent
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I got endorsed for skills which are not on my profile??!!!

I did not think that was possible, I only know because I already have 50 skills listed so it asked me to delete two so it could add these other ones.
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

My accountant endorsed me for 'ITIL' I doubt he even knows what it stands for.

Can you quietly remove useless endorsements?
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
          ... not worth a tulip.

Because the SQL Server dev delivered the solution to the business problem in super quick time.

Comment

I got endoresed for Requirements Analysis yesterday by someone I only vaguely know. What a load of pap. Looking at the other endorsements none of them are particularly related to what I do so looks like Linkedin is going down the tulipter.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
              I have even be asked to endorse an agent for his "SQL server" skills.
              It's so wrong, if he had any skills he wouldn't be an agent
              FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

LMGTFY but yes - I'm off to do this now...

Oh that was easy (edited because I now longer intend to do it, having actually done it)
                Last edited by Notascooby; 21 March 2013, 13:17.
                Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

I've played Endorsement Bingo, where you keep clicking on the panels until all four are recruitment agents. If you're feeling particularly evil you can endorse people for drastically outmoded skills like Visual Basic or, even better, VBScript.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

If you opt out of the AWR they will stop
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X