• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weather....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather....

Will I get home today/tmrw?

1. 13:30 Dun Laoghaire - Holyhead Ferry cancelled yesterday, Stena put me on 21:15 Dublin Port - Holyhead arrives 00:45

2. Rough seas mean delays to that but at moment still sailing.

3. Heavy rain here in Dublin, tho seems to be easing off atm...

4. Heavy rain along the A55 North Wales

5. Heavy snow M62 Huddersfield on to Leeds

I could stay here I know but I don't want to!

Dooooommmeedddd.....

Originally posted by stek View Post

1. 13:30 Dun Laoghaire - Holyhead Ferry cancelled yesterday, Stena put me on 21:15 Dublin Port - Holyhead arrives 00:45

2. Rough seas mean delays to that but at moment still sailing.

3. Heavy rain here in Dublin, tho seems to be easing off atm...

4. Heavy rain along the A55 North Wales

I could stay here I know but I don't want to!

Dooooommmeedddd.....
    Roads have been affected, including one lane of the M62 westbound between J25 A644 (Brighouse) and J22 A672 (Rishworth Moor) blocked due to snow, and the M1 blocked in both directions in Derbyshire, six miles east of Chesterfield
    As I've been informed by one of my midlands based colleques - IT'S GOING TO GET WORSE!

Sorry, looks like you might be better off staying in Dublin.

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
      As I've been informed by one of my midlands based colleques - IT'S GOING TO GET WORSE!

Sorry, looks like you might be better off staying in Dublin.
      I would stay in Dublin, do a touristy weekend but get in early and try to leave at close of play Wednesday next week.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Was supposed to go to Hudds today. Not going to happen. M62 has lanes closed and forecast is heavy snow all day. Ed.

Comment

Brilliant sunshine and 12°C in the depths of Europe.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Brilliant sunshine and 12°C in the depths of Europe.
            Yorkshire is the Heart of Europe and its snowing. Do you mean the peripheral areas?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

Could you not fly into Leeds / Bradford airport? ...... Only joking! All flights suspended at the moment.

Comment

Snowing here in W Manchester
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Made it!

Bumped off three ferries due to cancellations, Stena moved me onto Irish Ferries 20:55 from Dublin Port, arrived Holyhead 1:00am, 40 mins late.

Wet, wind, wet, wind, ice, then around Flint, a horrendous blizzard, 20mph, RWD, 3.6ltrs, shiiiting myself about venturing 1cm out of the minimal ruts. Nearly gave up and dodged into a hotel, but prolly would be same in morning, so pressed on like the True Brit I am. A Bob would have just sat down and perished in the snow.

Got worse before it got better but after Frodsham things improved and up to Oldham M62 all fine, them more blizzards, one lane, two ruts but no traffic so a spin wouldn't be a disaster - having said that many cars embedded in the barriers and indeed, on the A55 an arctic on it's side and Penmaenmawr.

Brighouse things get even worse but I know I can make it now if I concentrate and don't collapse and fold like a Frenchie, onto M606 and as it's empty with no discernible ruts and I know roughly where the lanes are, I give the Detroit V6 some welly and it's fine, very well behaved, not tail happy at all.

Into Bradford, for I live in West Leeds and it's well snowed up - no gritter been here, no problems until I attempt to turn right onto Leeds Road and it's oppo lock all the way - weeeee! Easily controlled and such fun, I understand why SAS likes his 1986 Scirocco GT so much! Had new tyres on the CTS, much better than those old bald ones.

A few more whoooo's and I'm home, 4:56, buzzing now, might have a wee drinky, I won't sleep now plus I had a four hour old man kip on the bpat....

How did England go on?

Comment

It's fricking snowing in Hampshire! WTF!?!?!

HAARP. Mark my words. It's HARRP!

http://www.redicecreations.com/article.php?id=24036
                    Last edited by MarillionFan; 23 March 2013, 07:32.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X