• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract whinge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract whinge

Got verbal offer Weds. Verbal confirmation of details yesterday, start date Monday. No written contract as of yet. Sure its all legit and it will come, but how do they expect me to get it reviewed etc.? in a few hours. Bah.

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    Got verbal offer Weds. Verbal confirmation of details yesterday, start date Monday. No written contract as of yet. Sure its all legit and it will come, but how do they expect me to get it reviewed etc.? in a few hours. Bah.
    No doubt with some sneaky and last minute unacceptable terms thrown in without time for IR35 review
    In my current gig it took them a week to create a contract, after a verbal offer. Kinda drives you on the edge sometimes, especially when you have other interviews lined up.
    I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

Contract whinge

They are expecting you not to look at it or get it reviewed. They want you to roll over and accept it.

Tell them that you WILL NOT turn up until you've done both.

They'll whinge but they'll also recognise that they've been found out.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Are you desperate for the contract?
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          They are expecting you not to look at it or get it reviewed. They want you to roll over and accept it.

I've told them I will need it reviewing and the that it may be done within a day but I needed it first thing this morning at the latest. Totally agree re: not turning up until reviewed and changed if needed.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Are you desperate for the contract?
          Not desperate but could certainly do with it. Unless there is something horrendous in there I will accept.

Comment

The main thing I can think of that would derail it would be a clause saying I don't get paid if they don't.

Comment

I have an interview coming up next week and the agent is desperate to get me in before I have any other interviews (I've been on holiday this week).

No doubt he'll want me to accept before the client has offered me the contract.

I will of course ask for the contract first so that I can review it.

I'm not desperate for this contract.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                I've told them I will need it reviewing and the that it may be done within a day but I needed it first thing this morning at the latest. Totally agree re: not turning up until reviewed and changed if needed.
                There's your mistake - the agent heard "it will take less than a day", which may be true. I always say "I'll need to get it reviewed, and their SLA is to have that done in five working days, which is what it usually takes".

Plus, if there are changes you want to make, that will take time as well.

Might be worth talking to the client directly to let them know that the agency are messing around.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Might be worth talking to the client directly to let them know that the agency are messing around.
                  Just spoken to the agency and they are acting as a supplier to another agency that supplies the client. I knew this already and don't have a problem with it. However, the 2 agencies are agreeing their own contracts, hence the delay. Having just been told who the main agency is, i'm not surprised its taking time.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

+1
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X