• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feck me haven't had such a laff in ages ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feck me haven't had such a laff in ages ...

... you guys are classic numpties.

I particularly liked the time when eek started gaving statistical advice to Suity.
    Feck me, you've got me going again.

And then there's DP sitting alone in his flat planning world domination through the forex exchanges.

You guys really take imbecility to ever higher levels.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

We aim to please the more deluded of the inmates.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It's lucky I work from home - I'm genuinely hurting from laughter.
      Thank God for CUK - the best medicine on the planet
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

I particularly liked the time when eek started gaving statistical advice to Suity.
        I don't remember discussing statistics any time today. I remember a statement on some things that make up part of the Forex market and the fact I made some money on it a few years back but thats it.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          I don't remember discussing statistics any time today. I remember a statement on some things that make up part of the Forex market and the fact I made some money on it a few years back but thats it.
          Can't be bothered to find the post but wasn't it you who started rabbiting on about "reversion to the mean" and such like .....Holy crap! I'm off again

Please stop!
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Can't be bothered to find the post but wasn't it you who started rabbiting on about "reversion to the mean" and such like .....Holy crap! I'm off again

Please stop!
            Hardly. The gist of the comment was:-

I haven't got a clue if the result of all that computer trading is to exacerbate or sooth market noise.

That's definitely got nowt to do with statistics.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Hardly. The gist of the comment was:-

I haven't got a clue if the result of all that computer trading is to exacerbate or sooth market noise.

That's definitely got nowt to do with statistics.
              Erm...

Actually it is. trading algorithms read the market and act on emerging patterns, so yes market noise is all about Stats. However don't worry you are in good company! Hactor Saints (head of the FSA) was once heard to say "I am not concerned about what traders do because they will easily cancel themselves out in the long run...." That was an internal meeting with FSA staff about 3 months before Lehmans canceled itself out... The silly *****!

Comment

And then there's DP sitting alone in his flat planning world domination through the forex exchanges.

You guys really take imbecility to ever higher levels.
                Careful.

Death from laughter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

I don't know why probability is seen as difficult. Either things happen or they don't, so that's 50/50 for everything.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                    Erm...

Actually it is. trading algorithms read the market and act on emerging patterns, so yes market noise is all about Stats. However don't worry you are in good company! Hactor Saints (head of the FSA) was once heard to say "I am not concerned about what traders do because they will easily cancel themselves out in the long run...." That was an internal meeting with FSA staff about 3 months before Lehmans canceled itself out... The silly *****!
                    My original comment was that I didn't have a clue whether computer trading smoothed or exacerbated movement in forex trading because I neither know or care. The only reason I said it was to show that even I though suity was being idiotic.

Sas stated that this comment was related to stats so I posted what I said in attempt to show that stats wasn't vaguely in my thoughts when I wrote it. Either way but that is a blooming stupid statement from someone supposedly trying to keep markets steady.

Comment

Working...
                    X