• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Regulated tenancy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regulated tenancy

Has anyone on here bought a house with a regulated tenant. I know they can stay indefinitely, but can/has it worked for you?
    I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

They have that sort of thing in Spain & Portugal. It's a complete pain in the arse.

Avoid.

Comment

Most tenancies before 1989 are regulated. My theory is the tenant is likely to be an old foggy. Once they die the house is yours.
      I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Do they have the right to transfer the tenancy to their children? That's the real killer in Southern Europe. Oh, and protected rent (at way below market value) too.

Comment

My understanding is, in the UK you can pass to a spouse but if you pass to children it reverts to assured shorthold.

Comment

Keep well away. What's the advantage?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

You buy cheap (half market value), take the rent until you sell on at a massive profit several years later.

Comment

Originally posted by Numptycorner
                You buy cheap (half market value), take the rent until you sell on at a massive profit several years later.
                You can only hope it's several years. Could be several decades if the old coffin dodger in situ hangs on and on.

Nightmare scheme - avoid.

Comment

Maybe he should have butted her.
                  "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect
                    Maybe he should have butted her.
                    Roger her up the waste shoot? Tackle her Zidane style? Place her against the side of a cathedral, and instruct her to lean forwards and rest her outstretched arms against the wall?

Comment

Working...
                    X