• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Perhaps now ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps now ...

...people will realise that Germany is a brilliant holiday destination ....
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

they have done a wonderful job of hosting the competition

the atmosphere has been amazing

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
      ...people will realise that Germany is a brilliant holiday destination ....
      Not for the English it wasn't...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Yeah, its funny how everyone in the UK seems so surprised. I've been holidaying in Germany for years and it's my favourite winter holiday/city break destination. Good beer, nice frauleins and genial hosts.
        Although they could do with having a subtler sense of humour.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Lived and worked in Germany for a number of years.

Go back twice a year for short breaks. Usualy once near the end of September
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
            Lived and worked in Germany for a number of years.

Go back twice a year for short breaks. Usualy once near the end of September
            Sorry, Just cant see Germany ever having the same appeal as France, Italy,Spain or even Scandinavia for British people for their 2/3 week summer holiday breaks. Do you think the Tuscany/Umbria, Provence, Dordogne/Tarn set are ever going to want a long stay holiday in Deutschland!

Some parts of Bavaria, the Hunsruck & Black Forest are really nice and many of the cities are great but the bulk of Germany is a bit too much like the East or West Midlands for the British taste and who goes there for their main hols!

Comment

Somali is good this time of year. You can get some special deals at the Mogadishu Hilton I heard.

Comment

Agree with Sasguru. Germany: lovely holiday destination, friendly people.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalek Supreme
                  Agree with Sasguru. Germany: lovely holiday destination, friendly people.
                  I agree with Dalek Supreme. I've never had a bad holiday in Germany and I've been going there since I was a little imp.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart-floot
                    Sorry, Just cant see Germany ever having the same appeal as France, Italy,Spain or even Scandinavia for British people for their 2/3 week summer holiday breaks. Do you think the Tuscany/Umbria, Provence, Dordogne/Tarn set are ever going to want a long stay holiday in Deutschland!

Some parts of Bavaria, the Hunsruck & Black Forest are really nice and many of the cities are great but the bulk of Germany is a bit too much like the East or West Midlands for the British taste and who goes there for their main hols!
                    You seem to OK being selective with Italy and France but not with Germany? Then go on to mention some of its more attractive parts.

Please yourself. Stay away, it wont bother me, the less tourists the better.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X