• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Saturday night on a budget

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday night on a budget

Yes things are tough at Suity towers. Epic handbrake fail on Suityou02s Touran which involved a complete strip down to carpet level of her car.

So I though to cheer ourselves up, a little Saturday night treat. Dial out? Nah, expensive. Steak dinner? Steak alone is 10 quid for some non chewy cuts. Heading into takeaway prices before you even get to the veggie aisle.

So here it is.

1 chicken £4.50. Jointed, spatchcocked and halved. Marinading in Nandos Hot Peri Peri sauce, £2.

Adsa own brand coleslaw, 25p.

Uncle bens Mexican spicy rice, microwaveable packet, £1.54.

Frozen corn on the cobs £1.38.

£9.67 for a home cooked Nandos for 2!

Oh and two bottles of wine, £8 but hey.

And I'm boiling the chicken spine to make chicken stock, because that's how I roll

Food critics, flame away.

Pretentious moneybags, brag away.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

£10 for steak? Is that for two or the whole family because £5/steak gets you into very good territory, not "non chewy". Up here anyway... but then we can also get a pretty decent takeaway pizza for £5 and a very good curry-for-two-with-trimmings for £12.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      £10 for steak? Is that for two or the whole family because £5/steak gets you into very good territory, not "non chewy". Up here anyway... but then we can also get a pretty decent takeaway pizza for £5 and a very good curry-for-two-with-trimmings for £12.
      I knew it, Luton is expensive. I need to move somewhere more chavvy, like, uuuumm, Dunstable.

£5 per steak.

Curry order normally around 25 quid mark, main dishes being around 7 or 8 quid.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        I knew it, Luton is expensive. I need to move somewhere more chavvy, like, uuuumm, Dunstable.

You stay behind the wall or we'll set the polar bears on you.

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post

You stay behind the wall or we'll set the polar bears on you.
          You're safe, I don't need any pound shop items.

Comment

You're safe, I can't afford any pound shop items.
            FTFY

Comment

£5 per steak.

Curry order normally around 25 quid mark, main dishes being around 7 or 8 quid.
              If it's good steak that's OK - when we paid that at our local award-winning butcher it was probably as good as £25 steak in a decent restaurant.

Good job on the budget meal though, especially the 25p coleslaw. I wouldn't have gone the frozen sweetcorn route though - fresh or nothing if it's on the cob.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

And I'm boiling the chicken spine to make chicken stock, because that's how I roll

Food critics, flame away.
                I've always found boiling bones makes gelatin. I normally save the wings and a leg and boil that with the rest of the carcass and a carrot, onion, celery, pepper and bay leaves. Or seaweed, ginger & star anise if I fancy something more exotic. But you need a bit of meat.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Budget!! Moo haa haa! Call yourself a contractor?!!!

At Suity's house.

At MFs house

What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Budget!! Moo haa haa! Call yourself a contractor?!!!

At Suity's house.

At MFs house

At least he's got someone to eat with.

Comment

Working...
                    X