• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is the Masters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the Masters

Well, just another week to go before my house is full of a lot of men shouting get in the hole"

It's going to be an interesring tournament. As I type, it looks like Woods is about to reclaim his no 1 spot by winning the Arnold Palmer Invitational (at the expense of poor old justin rose who hasn't quite lived up to his early promise when he emerged from the carnage of Carnoustie as the highest ranked amateur in the history of the sport.)

Persinally, I'm expecting big things from the Molinari brothers this year and a win at the Masters for one of the brothers isnt out of the question.

Hi Malc! I love the Masters, partly because I'm familiar with most of the holes and their history.

Just a small point, but didn't Justin's elevation come after his podium finish at Birkdale, in Mark O'Meara's annus mirabilis?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      Hi Malc! I love the Masters, partly because I'm familiar with most of the holes and their history.

Just a small point, but didn't Justin's elevation come after his podium finish at Birkdale, in Mark O'Meara's annus mirabilis?
      Hi DS.

Did I say Carnoustie? I did of course mean Royal Birkdale.

Wonder if Woods won last night? Just off to check.....

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
        Hi DS.

Did I say Carnoustie? I did of course mean Royal Birkdale.

Wonder if Woods won last night? Just off to check.....
        He's leading Malc, but I think the final round is tonight. I'll be looking in.

Changing tack, I wonder how young Rory will do with his new Nike clubs? He's being paid $75 million to say they are the best brand, but they don't seem to be as good as the Titleist equipment that made him the best golfer in the world, and his game has gone to pot. Is he reaping the reward for putting mammon before common sense?

Comment

Changing tack, I wonder how young Rory will do with his new Nike clubs? He's being paid $75 million to say they are the best brand, but they don't seem to be as good as the Titleist equipment that made him the best golfer in the world, and his game has gone to pot. Is he reaping the reward for putting mammon before common sense?
          I think our Rory is a bit hot headed to be honest DS as a number of incidents both on course and off course have demonstrated. I hope I'm proved wrong but I don't think he'll find his form until he teams up with some Svengali like figure to help him conquer his demons. A bit like Andy Murray and Ivan Lendl or Glenn Hoddle's England and Nancy Drew.

Comment

I think our Rory is a bit hot headed to be honest DS as a number of incidents both on course and off course have demonstrated. I hope I'm proved wrong but I don't think he'll find his form until he teams up with some Svengali like figure to help him conquer his demons. A bit like Andy Murray and Ivan Lendl or Glenn Hoddle's England and Nancy Drew.
            You might be on to something there, Malc. Someone like Sir Nick Faldo or John Daly. Or perhaps Fanny Sunesson.

I am exercised by wondering who will be in the ceremonial first group off the tee on Thursday. Who do you think?

Comment

I am exercised by wondering who will be in the ceremonial first group off the tee on Thursday. Who do you think?
              Nicklaus, Palmer and Player AKA the Big Three?

Or is that too predictable?

Comment

He did it. Woods reclaims no. 1 spot.

Now watch him miss the cut at Augusta.

Seriously, great player that he is, I won't be willing him on if only for the way he treated Steve Williams.

Comment

Seriously, great player that he is, I won't be willing him on if only for the way he treated Steve Williams.
                  Don't see him missing the cut at Augusta. He can afford to be wayward off the tea there so long as he hits it miles, which he does. His short game is in top form which adds up to a top 10 finish at worst for my money.

As for Steve Williams - he believed far too much of his own press. I mean he carried the bag ffs - it's not like he told Tiger how to play and he seems a right prick.

Comment

He did it. Woods reclaims no. 1 spot.

I'm no fan of the great man myself, so I wouldn't shed a tear if he missed the cut, because that would mean we'd get to see everyone else and not, as all fawning TV channels like to show, everything that Woods does right down to eating his banana and popping behind somewhere for a tiddle.

Comment

Working...
                    X