• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scariest Horrors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scariest Horrors

Need a few more frightening horror films to download. Has there been anything, as an adult, that you've watched that genuinely terrified you?

I don't like watching Stigmata by myself. Blood and gore is fine but you know what you are getting in advance. But the religious possession type films scare the crap out of me.

Comment

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 30 March 2017, 20:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
        Need a few more frightening horror films to download. Has there been anything, as an adult, that you've watched that genuinely terrified you?
        The Others is good

But don't just rely on films. If you want the creepiest ghost stories try M R James or Sheridan Le Fanu the two greatest ghost story writers ever.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Forbidden Planet.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbidden_Planet

Night of the Demon. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_of_the_Demon
          Last edited by SupremeSpod; 24 March 2013, 08:10.

Comment

Agree with Grudge. The old films are the best, the original House was much creepier than the last one with all the special effects, kids' faces in curtains etc. Maybe when CGI is a bit more convincing.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Believe it or not I found the Woman in Black dead scary and I've been through the whole gamut of Evil Deads etc...

My missus, who winces at seeing a plaster being put on on telly, thought it was utter tripe!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                The Others is good...
                I agree - nicely creepy. We watched it as a family when it was on film4 recently.

The Thing
                The Exorcist
                Grease 2
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I actually quite enjoyed this

Devil (2010) - IMDb

The original "hitcher"

"House" mark I

"Final destination" always gets mrs V going.

Original "Omen"

"The Wraith"

"Near Dark"

and of course "Resident Evil" & "Underworld" but that may have something to do with the star's outfits.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I like the classic Hammer Horrors, but they are more comedy than scary.

Don't like the religious possession stuff - too many hellfire and brimstone sermons as a kid.

One remake of The Thing had me going, especially the bit where they were going to cut into a body and it turned into a set of huge jaws which chomped the chap wielding the scalpel.

And the bit at the end where there are only two guys left and they don't know whether to trust each other or not.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X