• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Level of detail of your Linkedin profile

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Level of detail of your Linkedin profile

Hi folks!

Is your Linkedin profile well filled with any detail of your past experiences or do you keep it to the essential ?

The essential. I'm not convinced it is worth bothering with. All the talk of companies searching for peoples online profile and being careful what you put on Facebook and Twitter seems at odds with the majority of interviews I participate in where you are lucky if they remember what your name is or even which position they are interviewing for in some cases.

I'm currently in a poorly paid but long term local contract which I thought would do while I found something else. As soon as I say to the agency that I'm currently in contract and have a 4 week notice period they seem to lose interest.

Comment

Originally posted by zerointeractive View Post
      Hi folks!

Is your Linkedin profile well filled with any detail of your past experiences or do you keep it to the essential ?
      I only list areas of my expertise now.
      If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

See what others doing the same role as you do.

I find Linkedin quite useful personally.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          See what others doing the same role as you do.
          It really depends and there's no rule of thumb.

I have a fully bloated profile and maybe I am going to shrink it a little bit, just as a "spring review".

Comment

Mines detailed but I have had a few contracts off the back of it so I'm not planning to change my habits any time soon.
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

I find LinkedIn quite good. I just put an overview line per contract so it ties back with whichever one of my CVs I send for a role. Just gone for the paid low level membership as I'm benched from Thursday.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                Mines detailed but I have had a few contracts off the back of it so I'm not planning to change my habits any time soon.
                Me too - although only had the one contract from it.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                X