• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wage inflation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wage inflation

Here it comes baby!

Saw an add this morning for a javascript programmer. 55-65k.

Agent called me about a gig last week that I'm not that keen on, so I stuck 30% on my current rate, and now they are keen to interview me.

Fill yer boots while you can I say. At this rate I might be able to afford the mortgage on a garden shed.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Here it comes baby!

Saw an add this morning for a javascript programmer. 55-65k.
    That's hardly surprising. Javascript is no longer just a tool to manipulate a web page, its the jack of all trades tool that makes (or breaks) your website.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      That's hardly surprising. Javascript is no longer just a tool to manipulate a web page, its the jack of all trades tool that makes (or breaks) your website.
      Used to be only the top team leader permie dev jobs that would secure that kind of cash. If the gov' wants to keep house prices high (and the budget last week suggests this is their key objective) then wages have to go up. Lack of wage inflation has been cited by the house price crash brigade for some time as a reason why property values must fall but I think they have been on the way up for some time.

Comment

It's high in the US. Perm BAs are asking for £70k - £82k before bonuses! Quite unreal.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I got an email last week about a JS dev position paying £80k. I'm in contract at the moment but next time I'm looking I'll have to seriously consider perm if it's paying anything like that.

Comment

Working...
          X