• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online training

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online training

I am considering to make a short online course about computer forensic or IT security which seems to be high in demand nowadays.
    Since I have no experience in these areas, maybe these courses can give me some new soft skills to be
    added to my CV.
    but What is your opinion about online trainings ? Are they recognized by employers ?

Online training

Employers? Trainings?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Employers? Trainings?
      +1

The only things that matter are:-

At interview / sales meeting: Can you walk the walk and talk the talk?

At clientco: Do you deliver?
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Please be focussing on plenty cheapness and much quickness.

HTH BOB

Comment

Originally posted by zerointeractive View Post
          I am considering to make a short online course about computer forensic or IT security which seems to be high in demand nowadays.
          I am wondering whether, indeed, English is in point of fact your first language, isn't it?

HTH
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by zerointeractive View Post
            Since I have no experience in these areas, maybe these courses can give me some new soft skills to be
            added to my CV.
            but What is your opinion about online trainings ? Are they recognized by employers ?
            Not really but they might help a person learn enough to get their knowledge recognised by employees.

I have used them to learn enough to convince people to let me be the main guy on some new techology we were looking at using.
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I don't get it. What's wrong with trainings ?

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                I am wondering whether, indeed, English is in point of fact your first language, isn't it?

HTH
                Well, it's not. I am sorry for you, but I am looking for help here, not for trolls.

Comment

Online training

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                  Not really but they might help a person learn enough to get their knowledge recognised by employees.

I have used them to learn enough to convince people to let me be the main guy on some new techology we were looking at using.
                  Come on, who's sockie is this? Worst one for a while!

No real person is this clueless!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    Come on, who's sockie is this? Worst one for a while!

No real person is this clueless!

Comment

Working...
                    X