• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency submission tulip

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency submission tulip

So one of the roles I'm following up on saw an email with a section similar to the following sent to me:

Your CV was submitted at a rate of £XXX.XX per day and any offer made will be against that rate

The conversations/emails with the agent made it very clear that rates would be discussed once I had a clear understanding of what the client is looking for (eg post interview).

Anybody else seen rubbish like this and what approach did you adopt?

Ignore it.

Negotiate it once you get the role.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Ignore it.

Negotiate it once you get the role.
      That was pretty much my view as well. Seemed a bit early in the process for the agent to try a "close" quite so hamfisted but there you go.

Comment

They should know how to negotiate, so just say you've had another offer with a higher rate, but you'd really like this one if you can match it. They're not going to let a deal slip if it is still worth their while

Comment

Originally posted by BHicks View Post
          Your CV was submitted at a rate of £XXX.XX per day and any offer made will be against that rate
          Don't be intimidated by this, just negotiate as normal. When they say "But you said it would be this much", just say that the job description is different to what you expected or you have had competing offers and you want more money.

Don't worry if they scream, shout and cry about it - that's just the way that some of them do business.
          Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by BHicks View Post
            So one of the roles I'm following up on saw an email with a section similar to the following sent to me:

The conversations/emails with the agent made it very clear that rates would be discussed once I had a clear understanding of what the client is looking for (eg post interview).

Anybody else seen rubbish like this and what approach did you adopt?

It depends, I would re-word it so the rate is an estimate and not a final.

I would sooner agree an rate estimate up front to avoid going for a role where the rate is not the right number. I would not want to waste the end clients time as there might be a better paying role for that client at some point in the future.

Comment

Working...
            X