• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Star Trek series

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Star Trek series

I have not seen it at all and given how good Babylon 5 is I would not want to start watching from the worst series of Star Trek (which I believe all bad anyway), so, which ST series should I look at first?

The best are those where we destroy aliens, and in particular alien lizard type creatures

HTH

Comment

Our resident Gorns favourite (I assume) episode was on this weekend. "The Cage" featuring a certain green skinned female.
      Last edited by The Lone Gunman; 10 July 2006, 16:49.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Despite limitations in make-up technology which made it obvious the Gorn Captain in "Arena" was simply an actor (Bobby Clark) in a lizard suit the Gorn have nonetheless become one of the most popular aliens to ever appear on Star Trek due to the striking design of Wah Chang and the Gorn's memorable personality: a hissing, slow-moving beast, the Gorn is nonetheless quite devious, chuckling wickedly to himself as he sets a trap for Kirk and promising that if the captain gives himself up, the Gorn will make his death "merciful and quick."

In 2005, an episode of Star Trek Enterprise featured a Gorn (albeit in the Mirror Universe) in the episode "In a Mirror, Darkly Part II". In that episode, the Gorn was a leader of a group of slaves belonging to the mirror universe's Tholians in an attempt to steal technology from the USS Defiant (NCC-1764) which had been discovered in the alternate universe. The Gorn hid in the ship's corridors and killed several crewmembers until it was killed by Jonathan Archer. For this appearance, the Gorn was recreated using computer animation (and much to the chagrin of fans, appeared radically different from the original Gorn). Since "In a Mirror, Darkly" takes place entirely within the Mirror Universe, the contact seen between Starfleet and the creature does not contradict the first contact seen in "Arena

Comment

Guess the outcome

Comment

Originally posted by James Tiberius Kirk
            Guess the outcome

BABY JTK's

Comment

Originally posted by GBH123
              BABY JTK's
              It had halitosis

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                I have not seen it at all and given how good Babylon 5 is I would not want to start watching from the worst series of Star Trek (which I believe all bad anyway), so, which ST series should I look at first?
                I say the original series is best, but that's probably nostalgia talking. If you're expecting anything remotely like B5, best you carry on not having seen any Star Trek as you will only be disappointed. Check out the new series of Battlestar Galactica instead.

Comment

Patrick Stewart: I will "Make It So."
                  [blank look from Andy]
                  Patrick Stewart: You've seen "Star Trek: The Next Generation?"
                  Andy Millman: I haven't, no.
                  Patrick Stewart: Why? Your wife won't let you have it on?
                  Andy Millman: I'm not married.
                  Patrick Stewart: Oh, your girlfriend then?
                  Andy Millman: I haven't got a girlfriend either. I live alone.
                  Patrick Stewart: You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend... and you've never watched "Star Trek?"
                  Andy Millman: No

Comment

Nice one Lucifer, I'll check it one - will give ST a miss because it seems that I wont like it anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X