• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

School in Essex bans triangle shaped flapjacks after pupil is hurt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School in Essex bans triangle shaped flapjacks after pupil is hurt

School in Essex bans triangle shaped flapjacks after pupil is hurt - Home News - UK - The Independent

I don't think they've thought this through, triangular flapjacks have fewer corners and acute angles are more likely to crumble on impact than the 90 degree angles on the previous oat based cakes.

This is madness.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    School in Essex bans triangle shaped flapjacks after pupil is hurt - Home News - UK - The Independent

I don't think they've thought this through, triangular flapjacks have fewer corners and acute angles are more likely to crumble on impact than the 90 degree angles on the previous oat based cakes.

This is madness.
    A spokesperson for Castle View School, Canvey Island, said: “I can confirm that the texture and shape of the flapjacks were reviewed following an isolated accident last week.”
    With some expert nibbling even a square flapjack can become a lethal weapon!

Surely it's not beyond the wit of the "powers that be" to invent some kind of flapjack that crumbles prior to an acute angle being reached?

We can no longer live with the risk of sharp edged playground snacks in schools!

Comment

Since the Star of David is made up of two triangles, the policy is anti-Semitic.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

The future is round flapjacks with bevelled edges, you heard it here first.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
          Surely it's not beyond the wit of the "powers that be" to invent some kind of flapjack that crumbles prior to an acute angle being reached?
          Porridge
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

This is madness.
            No this is Madness

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Heard this on BFBS this morning and nearly crashed at the idiocy of teachers. Apparently they can only have square or rectangle flpajacks now, which means that if teachers have been doing their jobs properly then the pupils will know to cut them in half diagonally so then they'll have 2 to throw. Fecking idiots...
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Heard this on BFBS this morning and nearly crashed at the idiocy of teachers. Apparently they can only have square or rectangle flpajacks now, which means that if teachers have been doing their jobs properly then the pupils will know to cut them in half diagonally so then they'll have 2 to throw. Fecking idiots...
                would the pupils be too stupid to forego the flapjacks and just use the scissors or knives directly, rather than use them to cut triangular flapjacks?

Comment

I thought this was a Daily Mash story when I first heard it. What the f*** kind of flapjacks are they selling there anyway? I've never seen a sharp flapjack, no matter what shape it was cut into

Comment

Dwarfish Battle bread?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X