• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Never attend a conference

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never attend a conference

Apart from the risk of getting sacked

Forking and Dongle Jokes Don’t Belong At Tech Conferences - But You're A Girl -

They sound REALLY dull.

Originally posted by rhubarb View Post

They sound REALLY dull.
    A quick word would have solved it without embarrassing people with their peers. She might even have done it without drawing attention to herself.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      A quick word would have solved it without embarrassing people with their peers. She might even have done it without drawing attention to herself.
      I think that was kinda the point
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I don't want to burst her bubble, but someone needs to point out that a 'successful' start up is one that has moved on from describing itself as a start up. And if she really thinks that getting kids female or otherwise to write python is the 'future of programming' then she needs help.

Having got that off my chest, I have to ask does she enjoy playing with big snakes?
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          I think that was kinda the point
          Well, it backfired seeing as she's been sacked too.

Comment

Originally posted by rhubarb View Post

They sound REALLY dull.
            Those guys are how I picture most of you.
            Not surprising about the innuendo, its probably the closest they've got to sex for years.
            BTW, why do techies have to go out of their way to conform to stereotype - beards, crap clothes and Fnah Fnah jokes FFS, that's so old skool.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Maybe the moral is that if you go to python or perl conferences, or anything similar, you're bound to meet the kind of guys who think dongle and fork jokes are hilariously funny
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Those guys are how I picture most of you.
                Not surprising about the innuendo, its probably the closest they've got to sex for years.
                BTW, why do techies have to go out of their way to conform to stereotype - beards, crap clothes and Fnah Fnah jokes FFS, that's so old skool.
                What does your attendance of this forum make you? A groupy? A "1337" walt?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  Well, it backfired seeing as she's been sacked too.
                  has she - oh dear what a pity
                  Last edited by vetran; 25 March 2013, 16:54. Reason: carnt spiel
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Yep

Comment

Working...
                    X