• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Ten Commandments

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ten Commandments

Personally I've always coveted my neighbour's ass but here's a new look at them:

The Fresh Ten Commandments
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Good job this wasn't sponsored by major religions. they have broken most of them.

actually the new commandments missed obedience & consume as directives. Fail
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Anyway, point 1 won't work:

You shall treat all people with respect regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, or national origin.
      I'm not sure that everyone thinks you should treat religious people with respect.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Anyway, point 1 won't work:

I'm not sure that everyone thinks you should treat religious people with respect.
        Although I think religion is pretty much hokum cokum bunkum, I still respect a persons right to their belief, as long as they don't try to foist it onto me
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Although I think religion is pretty much hokum cokum bunkum, I still respect a persons right to their belief, as long as they don't try to foist it onto me
          +1
          Me, me, me...

Comment

You're happy for someone to believe in imaginary beings and live according to what they think those beings are telling them to do? How is it moral not to try and help such people?

More seriously that list doesn't actually include giving a crap about other people, only 'respecting' them and not directly abusing them. It's not your problem to care about them. ... what a typical post-modern view to morality.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Just join the Pastafarians, and abide by their 8 "I'd Rather You Didn'ts".

Comment

+1. That doesn't mean that I will shy away from metaphysical or ethical debates when offered the opportunity, because it's something I enjoy. It's also something best enjoyed in an environment of mutual respect.

I do think that there is a certain basic level of respect that is due all human beings. That is largely covered by the other rules in the list and what you might call "good manners".

I would argue that there are some beliefs that are quite provably wrong and I don't think people really have a "right" to those at all. The other day for example I said "it's freezing" and ms doodab said "no it isn't", at which point I had to explain to her that water freezes at 0 degrees C, and therefore it was actually freezing. She then said "well, I don't agree"
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  I would argue that there are some beliefs that are quite provably wrong and I don't think people really have a "right" to those at all. The other day for example I said "it's freezing" and ms doodab said "no it isn't", at which point I had to explain to her that water freezes at 0 degrees C, and therefore it was actually freezing. She then said "well, I don't agree"

11. Thou shalt not discuss Physics with a woman.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

+1
                    Growing old is mandatory
                    Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                    X