• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London - A first rate city with a second rate country attached

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London - A first rate city with a second rate country attached

BBC News - Should Britain let go of London?

I completely agree. London funds most of the provinces, house prices keep rising, recessions are much shorter than the rest of the country.
    It makes sense since London attracts the best, brightest and most hard-working people from around the world while outside you generally have thick and lazy chavs (of all ethnicities) sitting round their plasmas, drinking cider and moaning about the immigrants that fund their lifestyles.

Independence for Londonograd/Londonistan/Londres/Londoslavia I say!
    Without having to sub the rest of the UK we'd be exactly like a more exciting Singapore.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

And in return London would have to pay import duty to buy British meat and produce?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Trolling early today sas?

Finished all the ironing for the missus already then?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Trolling early today sas?

Finished all the ironing for the missus already then?
        What's ironing? Do people still do that?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          And in return London would have to pay import duty to buy British meat and produce?
          We won't buy that tastless muck. Get it in from France, its better there.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            BBC News - Should Britain let go of London?

I completely agree. London funds most of the provinces, house prices keep rising, recessions are much shorter than the rest of the country.
            It makes sense since London attracts the best, brightest and most hard-working people from around the world while outside you generally have thick and lazy chavs (of all ethnicities) sitting round their plasmas, drinking cider and moaning about the immigrants that fund their lifestyles.

Independence for Londonograd/Londonistan/Londres/Londoslavia I say!
            Without having to sub the rest of the UK we'd be exactly like a more exciting Singapore.
            Would be great if you could cut London away from the rest of the UK.... I hate that place.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              while outside you generally have thick and lazy chavs (of all ethnicities) sitting round their plasmas, drinking cider and moaning about the immigrants that fund their lifestyles.
              These figures worsened when you had to downsize and move to Surrey of course!
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                Would be great if you could cut London away from the rest of the UK.... I hate that place.
                Yes. The rest of the UK can plod along like Romania then, with a similar lifestyle.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

With SasGuru and Kelvin behind the idea, it cannot fail

Kelvin MacKenzie: overtaxed South needs its own party - Telegraph
                  My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                    With SasGuru and Kelvin behind the idea, it cannot fail

Kelvin MacKenzie: overtaxed South needs its own party - Telegraph
                    "You belong to a select club – the club of the hard-working, clever and creative people living in London and the South East who single-handedly are giving the rest of the nation a standard of living they can’t, or won’t, create for themselves. "

Sounds about right.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X