• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Privatising the rescue services..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Privatising the rescue services..

BBC News - Bristow Group to take over UK search and rescue from RAF

DA must have a copse over this.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It makes sense. Bristow have access to more aircraft.

Comment

Why not give the contract to Blackwater? Then if someone is in trouble, they can just take off and nuke them from orbit. Sorted.
      Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
        It makes sense. Bristow have access to more aircraft.
        My concern is one of attitude with health/safety + insurance to be taken into account. Will civilian crews have the same 'push on' attitude, initially when staffed by ex-RAF crews maybe, but later on and with aircraft and life insurance issues, maybe not.

We already have emergency services who won't go into a lake to rescue a drowning kid and nurses who can't be arsed to feed and wash.
        But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
          My concern is one of attitude with health/safety + insurance to be taken into account. Will civilian crews have the same 'push on' attitude, initially when staffed by ex-RAF crews maybe, but later on and with aircraft and life insurance issues, maybe not.

We already have emergency services who won't go into a lake to rescue a drowning kid and nurses who can't be arsed to feed and wash.
          Search & Rescue isn't the sole preserve of the RAF, so pull your cock out of your squadron leaders arse. If anything S & R cover will increase with the appointment of Bristow.

Comment

... Search & Rescue isn't the sole preserve of the RAF.
            Isn't it valuable flying & navigating experience though?

The fewer flights they have to do, the worse their expertise will be eventually, especially if the Government further limits the number of flights to reduce fuel and wear & tear costs etc.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Search & Rescue isn't the sole preserve of the RAF, so pull your cock out of your squadron leaders arse. If anything S & R cover will increase with the appointment of Bristow.
              No need for such a aggressive response, I was only raising concerns that civilian and military organisations operate under different rules and ethos' as well you know.

I never said it was the sole preserve of the RAF so stop making things up!

Or maybe you can't Private Pile, ho hum.
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                No need for such a aggressive response, I was only raising concerns that civilian and military organisations operate under different rules and ethos' as well you know.

I never said it was the sole preserve of the RAF so stop making things up!

Or maybe you can't Private Pile, ho hum.
                I'm not making things up, merely pointing out that the S&R service is not the sole preserve of the RAF which could be construed from your post.

Comment

Whether they do or they dont, I just hope they get the coast guard phone system sorted out.
                  I am getting fed up with blokes ringing up and asking if the coast is clear

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    They'll be privatising the RNLI next, you watch.

Why not just privatise the RAF and Army.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X