• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accommodation Expenses Taxed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accommodation Expenses Taxed

This is the following from my Umberlla company.

If my client pays 800 for my wage and 300 (1100) for my accommodation this counts as a salary and the 300 is taxed .

Why the hell am I being taxed from my own money after paying for a hotel!!

Originally posted by Brookster View Post
    This is the following from my Umberlla company.

If my client pays 800 for my wage and 300 (1100) for my accommodation this counts as a salary and the 300 is taxed .

Why the hell am I being taxed from my own money after paying for a hotel!!
    Is your client reimbursing the cost of a hotel or are they just paying you an extra £300 per week to help towards the cost of accommodation?
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
      Is your client reimbursing the cost of a hotel or are they just paying you an extra £300 per week to help towards the cost of accommodation?
      This I will need to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Brookster View Post
        This I will need to find out.
        If it is the case that they are reimbursing you the cost of the accommodation according to the receipts that you provide to them then that is an expense but if they have increased your rate by £300 per week and you have to then pay for the cost of accommodation it will be considered income for tax purposes

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Lisa is correct.

I however do know some brollies who don't / won't change their systems differentiate and will tax you on the lot.
          https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
            Lisa is correct.

I however do know some brollies who don't / won't change their systems differentiate and will tax you on the lot.
            Really???

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
            X