PDA

View Full Version : Accommodation Expenses Taxed

Brookster
26th March 2013, 19:33
This is the following from my Umberlla company.

If my client pays 800 for my wage and 300 (1100) for my accommodation this counts as a salary and the 300 is taxed :sick.

Why the hell am I being taxed from my own money after paying for a hotel!!

LisaContractorUmbrella
27th March 2013, 07:45
This is the following from my Umberlla company.

If my client pays 800 for my wage and 300 (1100) for my accommodation this counts as a salary and the 300 is taxed :sick.

Why the hell am I being taxed from my own money after paying for a hotel!!

Is your client reimbursing the cost of a hotel or are they just paying you an extra £300 per week to help towards the cost of accommodation?

Brookster
27th March 2013, 14:36
Is your client reimbursing the cost of a hotel or are they just paying you an extra £300 per week to help towards the cost of accommodation?

This I will need to find out.

LisaContractorUmbrella
27th March 2013, 16:27
This I will need to find out.

If it is the case that they are reimbursing you the cost of the accommodation according to the receipts that you provide to them then that is an expense but if they have increased your rate by £300 per week and you have to then pay for the cost of accommodation it will be considered income for tax purposes

Andy Hallett
9th April 2013, 21:06
Lisa is correct.

I however do know some brollies who don't / won't change their systems differentiate and will tax you on the lot.

LisaContractorUmbrella
10th April 2013, 07:05
Lisa is correct.

I however do know some brollies who don't / won't change their systems differentiate and will tax you on the lot.

Really???