• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doodab

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doodab

Oops, thought this was a PM.

Still half asleep.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

At 9am? Are you still benched?

Gotta keep the routine man.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      At 9am? Are you still benched?

Gotta keep the routine man.
      Ok I needed a quick excuse so went for half asleep. Blatant lie. The truth is I've been up since 6 reading and re-reading the IR35 bait that is my contract, and reading pages and pages of contradicting crap about taxation and freelancing in Germany.

Really close to not going as this is looking far too risky. Also fronting the cost of the flights, accommodation, Legal fees to straighten out this ******* contract mess and do the IR35 checks and now needing the services of a German account as well as my own accountant have nearly wiped out the first months fees.

EU, "union" , my arse.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Ok I needed a quick excuse so went for half asleep. Blatant lie. The truth is I've been up since 6 reading and re-reading the IR35 bait that is my contract, and reading pages and pages of contradicting crap about taxation and freelancing in Germany.

Really close to not going as this is looking far too risky. Also fronting the cost of the flights, accommodation, Legal fees to straighten out this ******* contract mess and do the IR35 checks and now needing the services of a German account as well as my own accountant have nearly wiped out the first months fees.

EU, "union" , my arse.
        A 'wise' man once said,

A proper contractor would just get over there and do it.

Comment

EU, "union" , my arse.
          That sounds terrible.

I've recently been offered 1000 euros a day to do a gig in Copenhagen. The perks are tax free pay (you settle up in your tax base) in any currency, flights, accom, per diem $80 USD for food. It's not worth leaving Oz for that though.

I think you might be better off as a permie- have you done the maths?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
            A 'wise' man once said,

An even wiser one said "look before you leap"

Comment

EU, "union" , my arse.
              Brilliant, I thought we'd have to wait until April for the the new season to begin, but it's arrived early. Is there a series link option, I'm off on holiday and don't want to miss an episode!
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Brilliant, I thought we'd have to wait until April for the the new season to begin, but it's arrived early. Is there a series link option, I'm off on holiday and don't want to miss an episode!
                It's a repeat, but in this case it's being dubbed into German.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

At this rate, this is the pilot for the German version and it's not going to get taken up for a full series.

Will Gervais be playing Suity?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    It's a repeat, but in this case it's being dubbed into German.
                    Problem with this series is the utter predictability of it.
                    So the protagonist doesn't leave the UK after all?
                    Who would have thunk it?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X