• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stones to Headline Glastonbury

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stones to Headline Glastonbury

link

There's not a lot that would entice me to the mudfest that is the Glastonbury Festival these days but this would be one of them.

Unfortunately the tickets sold out last October. I'll have to see if Mr Eavis is still offering day tickets to residents who live in a 10 mile radius (of which I'm one...).

I notice in the linked article that the gig is rumoured to be their last ever. Sure that was the case when I saw them in '82.

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
    link

There's not a lot that would entice me to the mudfest that is the Glastonbury Festival these days but this would be one of them.

Unfortunately the tickets sold out last October. I'll have to see if Mr Eavis is still offering day tickets to residents who live in a 10 mile radius (of which I'm one...).

I notice in the linked article that the gig is rumoured to be their last ever. Sure that was the case when I saw them in '82.
    Don't know about day tickets, but there will apparently be some additional tickets on sale next month (cancellations and returns) but at £216 each for the weekend (plus car parking) I'm not going to bust a gut to try and get one.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
      [

Stones fans, you can rest easy for old Buggeridge has had a premonition.

It is 20 years hence and I'm at Wembley Stadium where Mick and the boys are half way through their latest tour featuring a now bed ridden Jagger belting out the hits from a motorised divan bedecked in a tongue and lips emblazoned duvet cover in which he zips from stage right to stage left with the flick of a joystick.
      Last edited by Malcolm Buggeridge; 28 March 2013, 07:56.

Comment

I saw the Stones at the Velodrome in Marseille - 23 years ago!

Entertaining but I doubt I'd want to see them again.

Comment

I said to my friend's, "let's go see the rolling stones, they are so old now chances are they may never tour again and if one of them dies it's all over"

so we did,

Wembley stadium Voodoo Lounge tour 1992

Comment

They already ARE dead. It is all done with smoke and mirrors these days.

HTH
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I have a ticket and paid for it in full last month ...
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

The Rolling Stones
                Mumford & Sons
                Primal Scream
                Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
                Ben Howard
                Rufus Wainwright
                Elvis Costello
                I am Kloot
                The Orb
                Portishead
                The XX
                The Smashing Pumpkins
                The Hives
                Of Monsters and Men
                Chase & Status
                First Aid Kit

whats not to like??

Comment

for those who are going, the main 3 stages are already on this years clashfinder

Comment

Hate the Rolling Stones....

And I've got a Glasto ticket. Got to pay the balance in the next week I think....

Only problem is mrs candy is due to give birth beginning of july. She was all up for going. But it looks like its going to be out the sunroof job and looking at mid-june now.

Might be better. Drop kid off at sisters and off to glasto....
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X