• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Man the Hairy Hunter!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man the Hairy Hunter!!

Had a few issues with mice at SB Towers recently. Little blighters have demolished a couple of bags of pasta as well as sponge fingers and Tapioca and the like from the understairs larder.
    Anyway....finally got round to purchasing some good old-fashioned mousetraps yesterday and set them all last night to see what could be done. Checked this morning and whaddya know? 3 confirmed kills!!!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Had a few issues with mice at SB Towers recently. Little blighters have demolished a couple of bags of pasta as well as sponge fingers and Tapioca and the like from the understairs larder.
    Anyway....finally got round to purchasing some good old-fashioned mousetraps yesterday and set them all last night to see what could be done. Checked this morning and whaddya know? 3 confirmed kills!!!
    I thought this thread was going to be about something much different
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Not a fan of the traps that just capture them alive? Then release them to the wild?

Comment

Originally posted by LatteLiberal View Post
        Not a fan of the traps that just capture them alive? Then release them to the wild?
        Nah. Apart from being prohibitively expensive, the little fookers would just find their way back indoors. Got to be cruel to be kind.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Why does in it not surprise me that you live in a rat-infested hovel?.
          Mice, my arse.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Why does in it not surprise me that you live in a rat-infested hovel?.
            Mice, my arse.
            Mice are one of the downsides from living in large farm houses in the country rather than crappy Barrett Suburbia.

Personally I just use poison as they take it back to the nest and kill the others at the same time.
            Last edited by eek; 28 March 2013, 09:41. Reason: that and crappy broadband
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              I thought this thread was going to be about something much different
              Yes I thought Shaunboy was going to come out the closet and declare the love that dare not speak its name for HAB.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Nah. Apart from being prohibitively expensive, the little fookers would just find their way back indoors. Got to be cruel to be kind.

You don't release them near your house. Sheesh.
                Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Mice are one of the downsides from living in large farm houses in the country rather than crappy Barrett Suburbia.

Personally I just use poison as they take it back to the nest and kill the others at the same time.
                  Slight snag there is if the nest full of cadavers is where you can smell it but can't reach it.
                  Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
                    You don't release them near your house. Sheesh.
                    You release them near LatteLiberal's house.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X