• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PCG Tax Seminar

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCG Tax Seminar

Anyone go the PCG Tax Seminar in Manchester last night?
    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

from your Avatar looks like you did.

I didn't though
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      from your Avatar looks like you did.

I didn't though
      Should have done. You be amazed how much you don't know... I was! I've hosted three of them so far and am still learning as the tax landscape changes.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Went to the one in Leeds on Wednesday - very informative

Comment

Any highlights to save us a trip due to extreme lethargy ?

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
            Any highlights to save us a trip due to extreme lethargy ?
            I published the slide deck on the PCG forums a while back. If you want free copies, cancel the lethargy...
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

The one in Manchester the other day was good, well at least half of it was.

They had 2 speakers, 1st guy was an accountant, and the 2nd guy was Paul Mason from Abbey Tax.

The accountant gave out some pretty bad advice (IMHO). He gave his talk on ways to avoid an investigation from HMRC. He suggested a few things which _could_ keep you off the radar, such as not being a £1 share company, and having a £20K salary.

Paul Mason knew his stuff. He went through what we know already about RoS, MOO, D&C, etc. But it was good to hear him speak about what to do in the event of an enquiry from HMRC (if you're a PCG or PCGPlus member).
              Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Working...
              X