• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More Agent Drama!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Agent Drama!

After yesterday's events where I had been selected for an interview for a job I didn't apply for, today it seems an agent really did put me forward for a gig that didn't exist yet, so when the job was actually released to the PSL they and the HR Manager at the client was shocked to hear that I had already been put forward for it from a second tier agent!

Why do we have to deal with agents?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    After yesterday's events where I had been selected for an interview for a job I didn't apply for, today it seems an agent really did put me forward for a gig that didn't exist yet, so when the job was actually released to the PSL they and the HR Manager at the client was shocked to hear that I had already been put forward for it from a second tier agent!

Did you get the gig?
    Blood in your poo

Comment

IMHO you do not have to deal with that particular agent.
      Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Because you're not a proper business and can't generate your own leads and customers. Probably best if you ring HMRC, declare yourself inside IR35 and have the client send your "wages" direct to them.

Comment

You don't.
          But if the client has out-sourced his recruitment to an agency, you deal with the agent whom the hiring manager has spent precious time detailing a job-spec, complete with core skills required, and nice-to-haves, experience levels, etc.

You could apply direct, but chances are your CV will get "filed away", or just passed onto the agency.

When you are next in an interview, you might want to ask him that question.
          His reply will probably go along the lines that he hasn't the time to filter the handful of decent CVs from the several dozen dross that crosses his desk.

Comment

Originally posted by evilagent View Post
            You don't.
            But if the client has out-sourced his recruitment to an agency, you deal with the agent whom the hiring manager has spent precious time detailing a job-spec, complete with core skills required, and nice-to-haves, experience levels, etc.

You could apply direct, but chances are your CV will get "filed away", or just passed onto the agency.

His reply will probably go along the lines that he hasn't the time to filter the handful of decent CVs from the several dozen dross that crosses his desk.
            WHS.

But as I said, even if you have to deal with an agent, you don't have to deal with this agent. There is no reason why his action should give him priority. It would be one thing if you used his contact as a lead to cut him out, but he's just trying to cut himself in somewhere that he isn't needed.

I might ask more generally why second tier agents are needed? Are thay anything more than parasites?
            Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by evilagent View Post
              You don't.

His reply will probably go along the lines that he hasn't the time to filter the handful of decent CVs from the several 1000's of dross that crosses his desk.
              FTFY

Comment

Working...
              X