• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mumsnet Thread....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mumsnet Thread....

Can we just skip to the part where you all tell me to put my big boy pants on and man the **** up, pretending I have posted a long and whiney thread about how after spending three years sorting myself out, getting past my daemons, clearing a tulip load of debt and finally getting somewhere with contracting where not only was I enjoying myself, but building up a positive reputation in the gigs that I have left rather than dumping and running? And then everything turns to rat tulip in my personal life so as to be reminded of the time when I was sat in a bathroom with a bottle of vodka and enough opiates to stop an elephant after those closet to me said how much better off if I wasn't here (they were right I couldn't even do THAT right!)

I guess I knew while on the bench my attention span would run out way before my warchest did, but looks like its time to do what I do best, shut everything out, pretend everything is ok and throw myself back into working, I was looking forward to being choosy about the role I took next, not having to jump to the first contract offered to get money rolling in, but I guess best keep busy, best keep numb....
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

I know exactly what you mean. I do that to myself every time

Comment

Originally posted by ArnoldLayne View Post
      Can we just skip to the part where you all tell me to put my big boy pants on and man the **** up, pretending I have posted a long and whiney thread about how after spending three years sorting myself out, getting past my daemons, clearing a tulip load of debt and finally getting somewhere with contracting where not only was I enjoying myself, but building up a positive reputation in the gigs that I have left rather than dumping and running? And then everything turns to rat tulip in my personal life so as to be reminded of the time when I was sat in a bathroom with a bottle of vodka and enough opiates to stop an elephant after those closet to me said how much better off if I wasn't here (they were right I couldn't even do THAT right!)

I guess I knew while on the bench my attention span would run out way before my warchest did, but looks like its time to do what I do best, shut everything out, pretend everything is ok and throw myself back into working, I was looking forward to being choosy about the role I took next, not having to jump to the first contract offered to get money rolling in, but I guess best keep busy, best keep numb....
      Whassup, SMac? Thought things were going OK?

Comment

Working...
      X