• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What to do with Qatada?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with Qatada?

Chris Grayling: let's join forces with Labour to deport Abu Qatada - Telegraph

I propose send his family home (I assume we can get assurances they will remain unmolested) and give him a ticket to use if he wishes. If he stays he can do so at her majesty's pleasure as he has been recorded preaching treason etc.

what do the congregation say?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

I say lets move the entire population of the UK over to Jordan, and leave Abu Qatada in the UK. Then at least we don't have to live in the same country as him..

Comment

The whole Jordan thin vexes me, he has already been sentenced to life in his absence, so why not return him for that, rather than the other charges where he can only get more jail time?
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Let him stay. Stop writing headlines about him, and locking him up without trial or charge, and he'll soon be forgotten about.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I say shave his beard - he will then be classified as an infidel by his followers and they may even try to kill him....

Comment

I think the home office should hire a hitman and save the taxpayer millions

Comment

Gone
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

It's slightly vague in the reporting, but it seems he's chosen to leave, or at least chosen to stop fighting it, rather than this being any kind of triumph for Teresa May. Probably because there's a good chance that he'll be acquitted of all charges, assuming the Jordanians honour their agreement not to use confessions obtained under torture.

So then he'll have an extremely strong case to sue the UK government for compensation for all those years he's spent being imprisoned without charge. I can imagine the Daily Mail headlines already.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  It's slightly vague in the reporting, but it seems he's chosen to leave, or at least chosen to stop fighting it, rather than this being any kind of triumph for Teresa May. Probably because there's a good chance that he'll be acquitted of all charges, assuming the Jordanians honour their agreement not to use confessions obtained under torture.

So then he'll have an extremely strong case to sue the UK government for compensation for all those years he's spent being imprisoned without charge. I can imagine the Daily Mail headlines already.
                  And as well they'll have to let him come back into the UK, where he'll use the money to sponsor a new university department - the department of terrorism.

Good riddance to bad rubbish..

Comment

If he's that dangerous, what is airport security doing letting him on a plane?

Comment

Working...
                    X