• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Being filmed at clientco extolling the pleasures of working here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being filmed at clientco extolling the pleasures of working here

I just received an email at clientco, of which the following is an extract

Some of you might have seen the posters asking for 'budding film stars' around the office. Below is a bit more information in an attempt to get some more volunteers.

We're launching a new recruitment landing page for (clientco) which heavily focuses on using video and social media to attract applicants to job roles. For this to work I need volunteers of people who will come along and be filmed on Friday (5th April) for some of the content for the site. All that is required is each individual just literally saying a few words about why they like working at (clientco) and why they like living/working in ...
    I'm tempted, and I don't think they'd have objections to contractors volunteering; but I'm wondering what the possible IR35 ramifications might be of being filmed waxing lyrical about the merits of working at clientco as if I were a permie.

What do people think?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

It depends on a few things.

If lots of permies turn up then don't do it.

If lots don't, they are happy to indicate (even if it's when they are asked) that you aren't a permanent member of staff and you are talking about the area then it's not an issue.

I've done surveys where they question you one-to-one for a couple of my clients' who I liked simply because their permanent staff where too lazy/shy to be one of the first people to do it.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Sure its not a c.apita site?

They filming all the white british before offshoring then?

Capita ITS asks to-be-axed staffers to pose for marketing pic
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Sure its not a c.apita site?

They filming all the white british before offshoring then?

Capita ITS asks to-be-axed staffers to pose for marketing pic
        Surely they could have used this:

That bird works in all of my friends' call centres as well as numerous other places around the world, all at the same time.

On a sadder note, one of those stock photo girls has apparently committed a suicide, not sure why.

Comment

Originally posted by yasockie View Post

That bird works in all of my friends' call centres as well as numerous other places around the world, all at the same time.

On a sadder note, one of those stock photo girls has apparently committed a suicide, not sure why.
          I dumped her.

Feel bad now.

Comment

I would assume her own?

Comment

I think you might work at my place, Owly.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                I think you might work at my place, Owly.
                You have posters advertising for "budding film stars" round your place?

Comment

I was once filmed inflagranti on ClientCo's CCTV system, does that count?
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

She's a regular on Headset Hotties

Comment

Working...
                    X