• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommended Freeagent Accountant?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommended Freeagent Accountant?

Hi All,

My choice of accounting software is freeagent. I had a look at their accountant database but know none of them. Could anyone recommend me a good freeagent accountant?

Thanks.

SJD
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Most accountants should be able to adapt to any system if they are clued up. We've only got two clients on Freeagent, prefer not to use it, but will support it if thats the clients wish.

Comment

We've got quite a high proportion of our contractor clients using FAC. I'd be happy to quote and provide an overview of our services if you're interested.

Comment

We pretty much work exclusively with it.

Agree with Jessica to an extent that any accountant should be able to extract the numbers they need from any system...but IMO it helps to have someone who knows it well as they can more easily spot/fix any potential errors, and can help show you how to do the trickier things.

Comment

Thanks accountants, however, I was rather looking for contractor's experiences/recommendations. 1 for SJD, however they are not listen on freeagent, nor they claim clearly that they do freeagent.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown View Post
              Thanks accountants, however, I was rather looking for contractor's experiences/recommendations. 1 for SJD, however they are not listen on freeagent, nor they claim clearly that they do freeagent.
              I hope you can run your accounts better than you can research

FreeAgent Central are quoted on their website as being ‘Accountant friendly’ too. Meaning your accountant can access your bookkeeping (SJD support clients who choose to use ClearBooks or FreeAgent Central). For a limited company FreeAgent Central (as of 5 Feb 2010) will charge you about £25 plus VAT a month.
              Last edited by Contractor UK; 10 February 2022, 10:25.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                I hope you can run your accounts better than you can research
                I was referring to the freeagent website accountants directory as they are not listed there. Clearly freeagent is not their main profile.
                Last edited by Contractor UK; 10 February 2022, 10:25.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  SJD
                  If you want to use Freeagent find a Freeagent accountant. SJD as far as I'm aware will use Freeagent but are not integrated with it. My accountant has an accountant account with Freeagent and therefore has a bird’s eye view of what’s going on. Therefore he can offer real-time proactive advice.....

Also Freeagent will do RTI no hassle - isn't there another thread about SJD being lazy in this respect???

Comment

I tried to ask the same question in another thread but just got told that it's not that great. The RTI handling is just one more reason I think Freeagent would be good to go with to keep track of things without having to enter things more than necessary.

Maslins seems good but I need a service address included and the best deal from FreeAgent's list was contractorlimited.co.uk.

I haven't decided on one yet. If I could find one that offered all accounts including SA (I could manage VAT), a service address (preferably in London) and used Freeagent for £100 + VAT I'd be there.
                    Last edited by Funkywood; 4 April 2013, 18:46. Reason: defined 'it'

Comment

Working...
                    X