• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The real class quiz

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The real class quiz

I need a break from MCMC and trying to understand why the M-H algorithm works, rather than simply noting that it seems to work by magic

So anyway here's my real class quiz after that sham that the BBC provided, that had most of you plebs as the elite.

1. What do you call your dad?: pater/daddy/pa
    2. What dog would you have?: sausage dog/labrador/whippet
    3. Pick one of these 3 cars?: Subaru/Golf/BMW
    4. Do you have double glazing? No/triple glazing/Yes
    5. What do you have most of in the house? Outdoor clothing/Cooking equipment/Gadgets
    6. Do you expect a large inheritance? yes/middling one/no
    7 How do you pronounce "off"? orf/off/of
    8 What would rather eat for dinner? Quails eggs/beef bourginon/steak and ale pie
    9. Is your central heating on now? Never/Its on timer/On all the time.

Mainly 1s you're in the elite, 2s you're middle class, 3s you're a chav.
    Simples.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Epic fail on the Subaru belonging to an Elite...but you're too thick to understand
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      Epic fail on the Subaru belonging to an Elite...but you're too thick to understand
      You just proved you're lower middle class.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        You just proved you're lower middle class.
        As have you, with your hilarious idea of what the elite are like

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          As have you, with your hilarious idea of what the elite are like
          I'm basing it on the people I know especially the Hon. A.H. But what would you plebs know of that kind of lifestyle?

I forgot the ultimate real question:

Did you go to public school? yes/minor public or grammar/comp
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

I think you have made a bit of a fool out of yourself here old chap.
            - Subaru's epitomise chavs, the Impreza was the chav boy-racer car of choice.
            - Quails eggs are generally a starter therefore not constituting a substantial dinner.

Other questions are assuming the elite live in country estates, a a member of the upper classes living in Knightsbridge would probably have double glazing and would probably have more gadgets than outdoor clothing.

4/10

Comment

1. What do you call your dad?: pater/daddy/pa
              I don't think anyone has seriously called their parents mater and pater since the 19th century.

8 What would rather eat for dinner? Quails eggs/beef bourginon/steak and ale pie
              Trick question - A genuine upper class person would probably prefer basic food like the steak and ale pie

9. Is your central heating on now? Never/Its on timer/On all the time.
              What central heating? In many country houses the plaster would fall off the walls if they tried installing and using central heating
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The glazing thing is spot on, I live in a large b listed building where you cannot put double glazing in. I guess all the zero character new builds have it built in.

Can you explain the central heating one?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Did you go to public school? yes/minor public or grammar/comp
                  Should be: yes/minor public, private school or grammar/comp, borstal, approved school or young offenders institute (or whatever it's called now).

10. For holidays, where do you go?: Switzerland/France/Spain
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Immediate Chav giveaways

'Would of' for 'would have'
                    'expresso' for 'espresso'
                    'dahta' for 'data'

Drinking red wine with fish, OTOH is perfectly fine, whatever James Bond says.
                    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Working...
                    X