• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hawkwind Last Night

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hawkwind Last Night

Thanks to the crowd for making me feel so young

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
    Thought they'd all died from the drugs by '75.

Mind you, the band has had about 300 members, so I guess some of them must have survived (like lemmy - just.)
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
      Thought they'd all died from the drugs by '75.

Mind you, the band has had about 300 members, so I guess some of them must have survived (like lemmy - just.)
      Dave Brock still hanging in there...

Comment

Dave Brock still hanging in there...
        Best band member they ever had was Stacia: According to a 1974 interview in Penthouse, Stacia was six feet tall and "happily bisexual".[2] She regularly augmented her visual impact by performing topless or nude, her body decorated in iridescent or luminescent paint.

Mind you, at 61 now, I think her performances might have, er, "dropped" a little.
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

Best band member they ever had was Stacia: According to a 1974 interview in Penthouse, Stacia was six feet tall and "happily bisexual".[2] She regularly augmented her visual impact by performing topless or nude, her body decorated in iridescent or luminescent paint.

Mind you, at 61 now, I think her performances might have, er, "dropped" a little.
          There was plenty of crumpet on stage last night that I'd be more than willing to entertain buns up over the arm of my Chesterfield

Comment

Perhaps you're kidding, but when I went to one of their gigs a couple of years ago, I was possibly at the younger end of the spectrum (45)

P.S. Great to meet another fan. Although I wish it could have been someone else

Comment

I remember 'boogieing' with her once back many years ago in East London. I think the last time I saw Hawkwind was in a club in the middle of an industrial estate in Aschaffenburg a good few years ago. I didn't have a ticket so got there a bit earlier and was standing outside when this young chap came up to me and asked if I was English (he had overheard me chatting with Frau D.) and upon affirming this the night changed slightly. He was from a German Tv company and had come to interview Hawkwind but his English wasn't very good and would I mind very much doing the interview for him which is how I got into the concert for free and interviewed Dave Brock for German TV.

Then there was the time with Nik Turner in Frankfurt, but I'll save that for another day...
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I saw them sidestage when Stacie was doing her second gig. I was six feet away. Brilliant...
                except she nearly put my eye out

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  I saw them sidestage when Stacie was doing her second gig. I was six feet away. Brilliant...
                  except she nearly put my eye out

This thread has left me feeling very young. For the first time in 20 years!
                  nomadd liked this post

Comment

This thread has left me feeling very young. For the first time in 20 years!

There is only one thing in the world better than being six feet away from a statuesque naked bird
                    swinging her massive bazongas in a frenzy of sex, drugs and sausage rolls

and I'm too old to remember what it is

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X