• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Offshore Account Details Leaked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offshore Account Details Leaked

Under the mattress is always the safest place.

Leaks reveal secrets of the rich who hide cash offshore | UK news | The Guardian
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    I think off-shores are doomed. There is a reason why Cyprus was "destroyed" by the EU. Something tells me that more and more off-shores will be destroyed, leaked, etc. Why? Most of the governments are strapped for cash. They over borrowed and now they are having hard time to repay the debt. So, they are looking for any possible source of income they can put their hands on. Off-shores are an easy target. They are shell countries, with nothing but banks to show for - no industry, no military to defend themselves.

I wonder, if off-shores are legal, why is there so much illegal money? Also, if they are legal on what grounds are they attacking them? I guess, it all boils down to the Orvellian "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal" - rich hiding their wealth... perhaps no more? I doubt it.

If you cannot follow my thoughts, it is perhaps because I just had enjoyed a glass more red wine then I ought to.
    My mind has gone blank. I wonder if it was always that way.

Comment

Originally posted by istvan View Post
      I wonder, if off-shores are legal, why is there so much illegal money? Also, if they are legal on what grounds are they attacking them? I guess, it all boils down to the Orvellian "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal" - rich hiding their wealth... perhaps no more? I doubt it.
      Or Orwell's pigs stealing every last drop of sweat and effort from the loyal Boxer before sending him to the knackers yard. The smart horses have learnt their lesson. I really wish Europe's politicians would get the bleeding message; the money is up, the party's over, the taxpayer simply can't support these bloated governments with their Kafkan bureaucracies. Decent people are happy to set aside some money for a system that helps the poor and needy, but governments right now are basically helping themselves and leaving the needy to rot. It doesn't matter how much tax they take from us; it's never enough. They run up debts, year after year, that people like me will be paying for for the rest of our lives, and worse still, young people who leave school this year will spend most of their lives paying the interest on their grandparents' debt without even ever having had a say in all that borrowing. For 50 years, western governments have been warned about the looming demographic timebomb and they have done damn near sod all about the rising pension costs. They have prevaricated, obfuscated and lied and cheated their way into power and now those of us who aren't lucky enough to have been born in the baby boom are going to have to pay the bill.

In these circumstances, I really feel that if you can find a way to protect your income and wealth against parasitic governments, then go ahead and do it and good luck to you.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
      X