• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jury service

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jury service

Anyone been called upon?

A contractor at work has just been called up and is only allowed to claim £60 per day.

That's a huge loss if it lasts a little while.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Yes. You can get a deferral if it will cause hardship or, as in my case, they will need to pay for flights to get you there and back.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Does a criminal record disqualify you? You could smash a window or something and get nicked?
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

plenty of sites out there explaining how to avoid or get a deferral.

also pretty sure its been done here before.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

As you're all pcg plus members, your insurance will cover this.

Malvolio

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
            Anyone been called upon?

A contractor at work has just been called up and is only allowed to claim £60 per day.

That's a huge loss if it lasts a little while.
            IIRC, PCG Plus members get cover for jury duty, as long as you are in contract.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

https://www.gov.uk/jury-service/dela...m-jury-service
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Plead insanity.

Works for me.
                I will be pleased to attend jury service. What facilities do you provide for incontinent turrets suffers?
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  I will be pleased to attend jury service. What facilities do you provide for incontinent turrets suffers?
                  we can put you up in the keep which has bedpans. Or you can wee in the moat.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I do a lot of Jury service comfortable in the knowledge that my contractors earn me money whatever I do.
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X