• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I would like to say to my contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who resigned and left his contract today>

That I do understand that it was an awful gig and that you were not up to dealing with the politics of it all. I appreciate that you flagged this to me a few months ago and I do appreciate you were concerned about letting me your agent down because I stuck my neck out to get you the job in the first place.

My message to you is. I do not have a problem with it and please do not feel embarrassed.

As long as I do not have to pay your last invoice we can call it quits

DA in forgiving mode
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Cameron has resigned?

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      Did he Opt In or Opt Out or Shaked It all about?
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

why not pay his invoice?

He didn't embarrass you by doing an MF. Your client still has their teeth?

It didn't work out so he left honourably?

he did the work.

he resigned one assumes with correct notice?

ok you may not like it and may deduct reasonable expenses but pay him.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

That I do understand that it was an awful gig and that you were not up to dealing with the politics of it all. I appreciate that you flagged this to me a few months ago and I do appreciate you were concerned about letting me your agent down because I stuck my neck out to get you the job in the first place.

My message to you is. I do not have a problem with it and please do not feel embarrassed.

DA in forgiving mode
          You only have one contractor?
          Me, me, me...

Comment

DA in forgiving mode
            So when he pointed out this was an awful gig with politics a few months ago, what did you do? Did you speak to the company and mention his concerns? Warn them perhaps he may leave? Did you line up a replacement for your customer and perhaps a new gig for the contractor.

If he did the work and you got paid then you should pay him, it would be the correct thing to do. That's why you get paid the big bucks.

Comment

Will you be getting paid?

Comment

DA in forgiving mode
                Need a tester? I'll deal with the political tulipe if you pay me his last invoice plus my invoices.

(MTT in 'you thought I was a bleeding heart liberal but actually I'm a capitalist bastard' mode)
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

DA in forgiving mode

The opportunity to cream the profit while doing little for it had nothing to do with it of course

Comment

So you've lost your contractor.

How can you call yourself an agent now you've lost your contractor.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X