• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Gig Offer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Gig Offer

All,

I've had a pimp pestering me for the past few days about a role nearby, role details were sketchy as hell but I've now got a full job spec (it's from a council so they want somebody who can "fit in" and "communicate well" etc) and then I get this through from the pimp to he can send it to the client:

Q.1 Teamwork
    Describe a situation where you contributed significantly to a team project.

Q.2 Influencing & Persuading
    Describe a situation where you were able to influence others on an important issue. What approaches or strategies did you use?

Q.3 Adaptability & Flexibility
    Tell us about the biggest change that you have had to deal with. How did you cope with it?

Q.4Resilience
    What was the biggest obstacle you had to overcome to get where you are today? How did you overcome it?

Q.5 Motivation:
    What is the achievement you are proudest of? Why?

Q.6 Responsibility
    Tell me about a time you were responsible for something. How did it happen, How did you go about it, what was the result. What did you learn?

Q.7 Planning:
    Tell us about the time you had to plan something for work? How did it happen, How did you go about it, what was the result. What did you learn?

Q.8 Learning and development:
    Tell us about a time when you learnt something new? How has that developed you?

Q.9 Communication:
    Tell me about a time when you communicated effectively?

Tip: STAR technique:
    When answering Competency based interviews - Use the STAR technique
    Take each of your scenarios and split it down into
    S –Describe the Situation you were in
    T – Describe the Task you were faced with
    A – Describe the Action you took
    R – Describe the Result
    Interview is booked for Monday, thats been confirmed. I've also sat a technical test online too....don't get me going about that!

Do I fill it in or don't I? Your opinions please - I won't get the reply until Sunday as I'm out this weekend.

Thanks
    GE

I know it's for a council but bugger that for a game of soldiers. Won't they ask you that crap in the interview anyway?
    Does any of it have any relevance to the contract you are going for?
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Q.1 Teamwork
      Describe a situation where you contributed significantly to a team project.
      That time when we got all the hookers and crack - I had to buy the crack

Q.2 Influencing & Persuading
      Describe a situation where you were able to influence others on an important issue. What approaches or strategies did you use?
      Once, right, there were a load of loafers at this Council I worked at - I managed to get loads of them fired, then I joined UKIP

Q.3 Adaptability & Flexibility
      Tell us about the biggest change that you have had to deal with. How did you cope with it?
      I fear change

Q.4Resilience
      What was the biggest obstacle you had to overcome to get where you are today? How did you overcome it?
      Overcoming Crack, Heroin, Sex and Alcohol addiction after I got out of Prison

Q.5 Motivation:
      What is the achievement you are proudest of? Why?
      Still breathing (just)

Q.6 Responsibility
      Tell me about a time you were responsible for something. How did it happen, How did you go about it, what was the result. What did you learn?
      Well I don't really want to go back over too much old ground, but I learned that Prison isn't as bad as some people say

Q.7 Planning:
      Tell us about the time you had to plan something for work? How did it happen, How did you go about it, what was the result. What did you learn?
      It wasn't the planning, it was Jimmy's driving that let us down on that blag

Q.8 Learning and development:
      Tell us about a time when you learnt something new? How has that developed you?
      Don't cheek the screws

Q.9 Communication:
      Tell me about a time when you communicated effectively?
      Well I can't say too much, but I think he got the message, if you see what I mean

HTH - this is general BTW

Comment

Sounds exactly like the questions I was asked when I applied to be an inspector for the Care quality Commission. I hate that stuff - can always think of an answer after the interview but during, I'm like a rabbit in headlights.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          I know it's for a council but bugger that for a game of soldiers. Won't they ask you that crap in the interview anyway?
          Does any of it have any relevance to the contract you are going for?
          Otoh zips, there are a clearly defined set of hoops to jump through, and it would take around 20mins to fill that lot out with some supreme grade a bulltulip, get your game face on and wow them at interview.

Every interview is a performance, this one has lines.

Selling sometimes aint pretty, but turning this one on its heads they sound like a bunch of chumps so it should be a piece of piss to charm the pants off them, then get them under control of your Jedi mind tricks.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I once went to a technical interview. I was a perfect fit for a niche skillset so I was pretty much offered it on the spot.

Then a few days later the manager phones me back with a list like this. It was bizarre. It was obvious he was just working through a list of these kind of questions and wasn't even bothered about the answers. He just had to check the box to say he had done it.

Kafkaesque.

Comment

Originally posted by BingoBongo View Post
              It was like Kafkaesque Bro
              </Jesse>

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                </Jesse>
                Totally Kafkaesque.

Comment

This is actually quite a good interview technique sending out questions in advance. Anyone who's done a Myers Briggs type course will tell you.

There's a lot of excellent candidates that don't get jobs because they come over poorly in an interview situation - they're usually introverts and like time to think over things. I'm personally a chief bulltulipter so I'm happy to wing it and lie (I mean come up with valid situations) on the fly.

By answering in advance the candidate is put at ease and is better placed to answer more detailed questions on each scenario.

Obviously it could be a tick-box exercise but it probably started as a well thought out piece.
                  Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by Notascooby View Post
                    This is actually quite a good interview technique sending out questions in advance. Anyone who's done a Myers Briggs type course will tell you.

There's a lot of excellent candidates that don't get jobs because they come over poorly in an interview situation - they're usually introverts and like time to think over things. I'm personally a chief bulltulipter so I'm happy to wing it and lie (I mean come up with valid situations) on the fly.

By answering in advance the candidate is put at ease and is better placed to answer more detailed questions on each scenario.

Obviously it could be a tick-box exercise but it probably started as a well thought out piece.
                    I've no problems with the questions my concern would be how permie do their sound.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X