PDA

View Full Version : Unreliable Umbrella Company

Annoyed
6th April 2013, 09:36
Hi

I have used one of the allegedly reputable umbrella companies for the last 7 months and have constantly had payment issues with them. Despite their promises on their website stating that 100% of their customers get paid the same day, this isn't the case, and even worse I even pay them £12.50 to ensure that my wages are made by sameday CHAPS.

When I have complained previously they seem to get their act together for a couple of weeks but then it happens again. I should have been paid yesterday, and received my wageslip at 9.30am, but no money has appeared.... yet again. I am particularly upset about this as like most contractors, I live from week to week but I have now started a new contract 200 miles away and can't afford to get back down on Monday. I In my new contract I will be paid monthly so I was relying on this wage to see me through.

I am thinking of reporting them to the OFT.:mad

Anyone else had this experience?

malvolio
6th April 2013, 11:53
Hi

I have used one of the allegedly reputable umbrella companies for the last 7 months and have constantly had payment issues with them. Despite their promises on their website stating that 100% of their customers get paid the same day, this isn't the case, and even worse I even pay them £12.50 to ensure that my wages are made by sameday CHAPS.

When I have complained previously they seem to get their act together for a couple of weeks but then it happens again. I should have been paid yesterday, and received my wageslip at 9.30am, but no money has appeared.... yet again. I am particularly upset about this as like most contractors, I live from week to week but I have now started a new contract 200 miles away and can't afford to get back down on Monday. I In my new contract I will be paid monthly so I was relying on this wage to see me through.

I am thinking of reporting them to the OFT.:mad

Anyone else had this experience?
No. But why are you still using them? :spank:

Annoyed
6th April 2013, 12:12
Hi, this is my last pay from them. I have set up a ltd company, partly to avoid the middle man and avoid these issues. The umbrella company is Excellium.

LisaContractorUmbrella
8th April 2013, 07:47
Have they refunded the CHAPs payments and their margin for the weeks that the payments were incorrect?

Mikey3001
9th April 2013, 11:34
£12.50!!! That is a huge amount just for same day. My umbrella don't charge a bean for this. Former Umbrella charged £5.00 but that was only for CHAPS payment if before normal BACS went through on a Friday. Been with current Umbrella for 3 contracts over the last 6-7 months and never had a problem. Will remember not to use this lot.