• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract rate for local authority or NHS IT support

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract rate for local authority or NHS IT support

Would anyone like to to tell me the going hourly rate for a contractor doing basic user support in a council or NHS setting with a degree level education and minimum 2-3 years experience?

Also anyone like to say what the agency mark up would be on a gig paying £25 per hour? Social work agencies charge 100%.

thanks

Originally posted by socialworker View Post
    Would anyone like to to tell me the going hourly rate for a contractor doing basic user support in a council or NHS setting with a degree level education and minimum 2-3 years experience?

Also anyone like to say what the agency mark up would be on a gig paying £25 per hour? Social work agencies charge 100%.

thanks
    I would have thought £25 ph was on the optimistic side, personally.
    Agent mark up varies (usually as much as they can get) but its not uncommon in the public sector for the client to put a cap on it, so could be 10-11%. Worst I've heard of (private sector) was 40%. My contracts have generally been around the 15-20% mark.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

If agencies supplying IT contract workers earning 25ph or less to the NHS are getting only 10 -40% mark up, how do social work agencies get away with 100% - the figure I have heard from one long term contractor and a line manager who uses temps. Yet it is very very difficult so I ve heard, to go direct as they are so risk averse. Generally Sw managers are nice people and they will keep a dud worker on for the full 3 months and just wont renew. I saw someone one here recently was going direct with a social enterprise, however the one I am with has decided to employ its own bank workers on pathetic permie equivalent hourly rates, so they wont get anyone.
      Last edited by socialworker; 6 April 2013, 12:19. Reason: punctuation

Comment

Basic user support in the NHS or council. £10/11 per hour. £100/day if you're lucky.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

They dont pay much but they require high tech experience smh!

15-18/hr

Comment

Thanks both

Comment

Working...
            X