• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone having a flutter on the Grand National?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone having a flutter on the Grand National?

I'm putting a tenner on Cappa Bleu and another tenner on Ballabriggs in today's Grand National.

Anyone else having a flutter?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I'm putting a tenner on Cappa Bleu and another tenner on Ballabriggs in today's Grand National.

Anyone else having a flutter?
    I'll stay well clear of those two then
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Yes. Chicago Grey, and Harry something or other.

This past week I've won £57 on the lottery, and a giant Easter egg in the Eaton Bray Rotary Club raffle. I learned in Advanced Maths that good luck always comes in threes, so I thought I'd have a punt.

Feck knows why I chose those two horses though.

Comment

Aye - 4 horses backed in a family wide betting syndicate.

I couldn't resist bunging some on 'Rare Bob' @ 21-1

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          Yes. Chicago Grey, and Harry something or other.

This past week I've won £57 on the lottery, and a giant Easter egg in the Eaton Bray Rotary Club raffle. I learned in Advanced Maths that good luck always comes in threes, so I thought I'd have a punt.

Feck knows why I chose those two horses though.
          Feckin carrot crunchers

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

GF#1 has put £2.50 on Seabass.

Even that's making me hungry.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

McCririck was tipping Cappa Bleu

I've gone for Forpadydeplasterer and Quel Esprit as they both sounded partridge.
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Virgin Media's TV and cable broadband has gone down in large areas of the city - at least LE3 and LE2, according to Twitter. Going to be a lot of angry grannies unable to see their 25p e/w choice being shot at the side of the course

Managed to get my bets on with Paddy Power's iPhone app in the end. Always Waining, Big Fella Thanks, Cappa Bleu, and the £6 I had left over from last year's £126 win went e/w on Seabass, if only because I want to support the remarkable innovation of pitting fish against horses over the jumps.

Comment

Wasn't paying much attention but just looked at me ticket for the client co sweepstake & it's Aurora's Encore

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                    Wasn't paying much attention but just looked at me ticket for the client co sweepstake & it's Aurora's Encore
                    how much did you win? I think it was 54:1 or something like that.

Comment

Working...
                    X