• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Arrogance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrogance

Sorry for a Wail link, but what a stupid arrogant bitch who needs to be given a strict putting down
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Actually, she does have a point, quite honestly, several good points in there.

Having gone through the mill with two disabled parents, I know some of what she is talking about although she could have been a little more pc.

In our local flagship shopping centre, there are 25 disabled bays on each of 6 floors nearest the lifts and rarely have I seen a single vehicle parked in any of them, that's 150 spaces that I could have parked in!

Still, the way Osborne is going, the disabled won't be able to afford a walking frame so there won't be any need for disabled parking spaces soon

Comment

Here we go - the self righteous indignation from the horses mouth (Mr arrogant) himself

I am with her. These bays are always empty and if you have a large 4X4 ordinary parking bays are just too narrow
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

It's not seven disabled parking bays at our local supermarket - more like 40! which is an awful lot of empty bays & our local train station has a ratio of 15 disabled bays to 5 non disabled which is absolutely ludicrous.
        I must admit to parking in the parent & child bays at the supermarket to save the doors on my Merc getting pinged (but only when the store is quiet late in the evening and the little blighters should be tucked up in bed)
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          It's not seven disabled parking bays at our local supermarket - more like 40! which is an awful lot of empty bays & our local train station has a ratio of 15 disabled bays to 5 non disabled which is absolutely ludicrous.
          The place I worked in 35 years ago had a couple of handy and free parking spots bang in the centre limited to 15 minutes, which was just right for paying your phone, gas, leccy and rates bills at their respective offices, or buying a book in WH Smith. Traffic wardens lurked there permanently so folks didn't overstay and it worked. It was extremely convenient, since you never had to wait more than a couple of minutes for a free spot.

25 years ago they turned just about everywhere into disabled parking with the idea of forcing everyone onto the bus.

I and all my neighbours started shopping in a different town.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I had my small border collie, Mini Puppy, with me. I entered the Co-op.

You’d have thought I’d boarded a plane to New York with half a ton of dynamite strapped to my waist.

‘Hang on,’ said the woman behind the till. ‘You can’t bring a dog in here.

‘She’s a hearing dog,’ I said. I could see her brain computing, and then she said: ‘Oh, that’s OK then.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

She does have a point, the ratio of actual disabled people (i.e. not some skiiver with ME) that drive a car, is probably 1 in a 1000 and often they don't work so they can go to these places during the week, when there are plenty of free places. Yet most car parks have 10-30% of the spaces devoted to disabled. I say have 2 or 3 max per 1000 spaces.

Comment

This is about a hypocrisy that is ever increasing. When certain things are done by a 17 year old in a hoody, then it's hell in a handbasket, pikey chav scum, broken britain but when you do it and get picked up on it, then it's PC gone mad, nanny state, elf & safety jobsworth orwellian britain.

It's about a basic lack of manners and common courtesy and it makes me glum.

If the company you want to do business with says something is reserved for someone else. Then don't fucking use it.
                If they say we don't want dogs on our premises, leave the fucking mutt outside

If the person representing the company operating the plane tells you to turn your phone off. Turn it the fuck off. Don't just turn it over when the flight attendant walks past then carry on texting.
                If you go to the cinema, put your twatting phone on silent.
                If you cannot move your hand luggage without needing it to have wheels, it ain't fucking hand luggage. Also, One is an easy number to count to.
                If you want to get on a train, let the ones who want to get off, off.
                If you have finished your cigarette then you dispose of it correctly.
                No one else is interested in your phone conversation or listening to your music/video.
                Standing in the doorway of the bus to the airplane does not get you home quicker.
                Amber and green are not the same colour.
                If you are going to cough or sneeze, cover your mouth or nose.
                Zebra crossings. Stop for people to cross.
                A knife is generally available to cut food in to a bite size quantity, if you are going to just use one hand and a fork to shovel food into your pie hole, get a cake fork and only eat cake.

Finally, don't talk with your mouth full, take your hat/cap off and get your fucking elbows off the table.

Yes, I'm aware of the hypocrisy of circumventing the swear filter. Fuck you.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  Here we go - the self righteous indignation from the horses mouth (Mr arrogant) himself

I am with her. These bays are always empty and if you have a large 4X4 ordinary parking bays are just too narrow
                  Nope. Actually Mr. Registered Disabled who can never get a parking space due to ******* arrogant idiots who feel they have the right to do what they want because they feel superior to everyone else. Probably a ****wit Tory voter
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    This is about a hypocrisy that is ever increasing. When certain things are done by a 17 year old in a hoody, then it's hell in a handbasket, pikey chav scum, broken britain but when you do it and get picked up on it, then it's PC gone mad, nanny state, elf & safety jobsworth orwellian britain.

It's about a basic lack of manners and common courtesy and it makes me glum.

If the company you want to do business with says something is reserved for someone else. Then don't fucking use it.
                    If they say we don't want dogs on our premises, leave the fucking mutt outside

If the person representing the company operating the plane tells you to turn your phone off. Turn it the fuck off. Don't just turn it over when the flight attendant walks past then carry on texting.
                    If you go to the cinema, put your twatting phone on silent.
                    If you cannot move your hand luggage without needing it to have wheels, it ain't fucking hand luggage. Also, One is an easy number to count to.
                    If you want to get on a train, let the ones who want to get off, off.
                    If you have finished your cigarette then you dispose of it correctly.
                    No one else is interested in your phone conversation or listening to your music/video.
                    Standing in the doorway of the bus to the airplane does not get you home quicker.
                    Amber and green are not the same colour.
                    If you are going to cough or sneeze, cover your mouth or nose.
                    Zebra crossings. Stop for people to cross.
                    A knife is generally available to cut food in to a bite size quantity, if you are going to just use one hand and a fork to shovel food into your pie hole, get a cake fork and only eat cake.

Finally, don't talk with your mouth full, take your hat/cap off and get your fucking elbows off the table.

Yes, I'm aware of the hypocrisy of circumventing the swear filter. Fuck you.

All that ^^^^^^^^^

PLUS. When eating in public - eat with your bastard mouth CLOSED!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X